Friday, August 11, 2006

5 years already!

5 years already....no not Preston! Its our 5 year anniversary, and Aunt Pam's birthday. Happy birthday Aunt Pam! Hope you're havin a good one.
Wow, its been a while since I've posted anything. Things have been pretty busy, well I should say Preston has been keeping me busy. He's had a pretty bad teething week. Yesterday was just about the worst ever. However, he did get happy right before our friends arrived for small group...probably because of all the medicine I gave him! Poor thing. He's just been miserable. I sure hope those teeth come through soon. He's been running fever and taking those teething tablets like crazy. I thought I could give them to him 3 to 4 times a day, but I read the detailed instructions and he can have 2 every hour for 6 hours. Before yesterday a couple 3 times a day would work. Not yesterday! So once he had a couple of doses every hour, he was a much happier little man. He only took 3-15 minute naps yesterday so he was exhausted and went down at 9:00. I think I just heard him begin to stir. (It's 7:30). Hopefully he will be in a better mood today because we want to try to go out to lunch and leave him at the house with Carolyn Nicholson. (One of mom's friends).
Our little Skype community is growing. Now my grandmother in South Texas has it too. We talked to her once, but haven't been able to catch her since then.
Oh, we were planning to go to Houston this weekend and be with Jay and Danielle, but they will be here this weekend instead. Danielle is having some serious trouble with her wedding dress. I really hope they get it all straightened out soon. She still needs to take her bridal portraits and its only about a month till the wedding!
In the evenings this week, Chris has been working on getting his closet in his office finished. He had to tear out the old shelving, patch the holes, and paint it all. It looks great now...like a real closet. It will be his hunting closet. He hung the clothes rod and put all of his camo in there. Next he has to put his shelves up and then move everything. Right now it is all in Preston's closet. The new closet is so much bigger!! Everything can have its own place and not be packed in. I was able to paint the shelves that all my coke bottles go on. We just need to hang them up and adorn them with my bottles now. I also got a mirror painted that we've been planning to put in Preston's room since before he was born. It is finally on the wall. So as soon as Chris cleans out his hunting stuff from Preston's closet, his room will actually, finally, be finished.
Preston is becoming pretty ticklish. He is most ticklish when we're undressing him for his bath. Its really cute. I think bathtime is his favorite time of day now. (Besides eating). He splashes away. We just put him in the tub now, without the spongey suppport thing. He absolutely loves it!! We videoed the whole process the other night. Its funny because when I let his water out, he still tries to splash by kicking and throwing his legs and arms. He just gets this confused look on his face because the water is gone. He's like a fish out of water.
He still isn't rolling over, but his newest trick is sitting up with his arms bracing himself on the ground. He can hold that position for about 10 seconds before he squirms and falls to one side or the other. He's also getting good at grabbing what he wants.
Well, I better get back to the kitchen. I'm attempting to make homemade cinnamon rolls for our breakfast. Better see how they're coming along.
Have a good weekend everyone!
Shell and Chris

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Shell and Chris! and Happy Birthday Aunt Pam. Hope everybody has a good day.

Love,
Danielle

Anonymous said...

I got burned twice in one day...
Second comment...

Wish ya'll could come to Houston this weekend. We'll hang out in Lafayette instead though. Happy Anniversary!

The Volentine's said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary Shell and Chris!
We had a great time visiting with y'all this past weekend. We will have to do it again soon!
Preston is a adorable!

Love you guys!

Carolyn said...

Happy Anniversary again! I enjoyed sitting with precious Preston. We had fun!