
I am way overdue for a really good post. Things have just been busy lately. We are all doing well though.
Chris has been very very busy with seminary school work and church stuff too. This week he is taking a 3 credit course Monday through Friday. I can't imagine doing a whole semester's work in one week. Good luck babe!
CWOW is doing great too. We are continually growing and faced with the ever constant challenge of finding room for everyone. It is a very good problem to have, but none the less.....a challenge. This week we are having our church wide retreat, The Refining. We are so pumped about it! Its our first time to try something like this and we have 90 people going. Its gonna be youth style, so we're having lots of fun and food, some break out sessions on Saturday, t-shirts, a bon fire, 3 worship services, recreation, and free time. Can't wait to get to Chicot on Friday.

Preston is doing well. Well, actually he has a pretty nasty cold right now, and we just found out he eczema (but he's still happy). We thought he was having some kind of food allergy, but its eczema. So we have some special lotions to use on him, and his face is clearing up already. But he is still our happy little boy even with all of this. I think it must take a lot to get him down. He had a tooth come through Saturday, but it hasn't come out any further. He will not let us look at it. Maybe some others will follow shortly. He's been getting on all fours and rocking, so we better get the house babyproofed for him. He will raise up his hands to us when he wants to be picked up now. He still enjoys his exersaucer, but would rather sit on the floor and play with some toys. He'll pull up on anything from a sitting position, and he's been saying dee-dee-dee, da-da-da and ba-ba-ba. He's still eating very well, and I was able to find a sippy cup he likes. He still prefers to chew on it and play with it, but he will drink out of it too. This is great because he won't take a bottle anymore. So maybe I'll try the milk in his sippy cup and see if he'll take it that way. He is starting to feel heavy to me. When we were at the doctor's office on Monday, he weighed in at 16 pounds.

We went to East Texas last weekend for a quick trip to meet our newest cousin, Austin James. He is very cute and has red hair! We were also able to visit with my friends Linsey and Chris and their two girls and my cousin Jenny and her roomate. It was so good to get away, even though it was only for 24 hours! Preston is a good little traveler, and adjusts well to being on-the-go, so it was no problem to pack up and head down the road.

Well, I better run!
Love you all
Shell and Preston
2 comments:
Good post. We're coming to town this weekend, wish you guys were going to be home.
Those were great pictures. Hope to see more soon. I am glad Preston does well with his cold and everything since you have it now. You will get to rest soon. I know you guys will have a great retreat. Wish I could be there too.
Mom
Post a Comment