Monday, April 14, 2008

Springtime camping

Hey everyone
I've got pictures galore this time.
Since you checked in last, me and the boys went to visit my parents in Houston while Chris worked a super busy week/weekend. We had a blast hanging out at my parent's house. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pics while we were there. Preston had fun playing in his new water sprinkler he got for his birthday, and he's super excited about his new rain boots he got. It was the perfect time for us to go since Chris wasn't home much.
Then this past weekend we went camping at Chicot. It was soooo nice to get away...and with Chris this time! Sam and Maggie got to come too. They love it. Chris' parents pulled their camper and met us there, and now they are on a month long camping trip. We had wonderful weather and not many bugs. Preston played outside pretty much all day, so its the perfect vacation for him. Of course we all enjoyed the break, but Chris needed it the most. He got super relaxed, but then had his toughest day of school today. He'll make it, only a month left.
I only have one Preston story this time. He decided he needed to "cook" some eggs while I ran outside to feed the dogs. This means he snatched the egg carton out of the frig, broke a few on the floor, and began scrambling them all over the floor with his hands. I caught him before he got to the rest of the eggs. He was very disappointed that I wouldn't let him help clean up his mess. Oh, and for you regular readers, I got some new shoes!
Clint enjoyed his first camping trip. He's such a content baby, and that makes it so much easier on us. We'll see if he's as rambunctious as his brother as he gets older. He's starting to be less cuddly and more of a wiggle worm. He loves to sit or stand while we hold him, and he watches everything his big brother does, and Preston enjoys that. Preston is very sweet and helpful with him. One of my favorite things to hear Preston say right now is, "I snuggle Quint (Clint)." He will snuggle right up to Clint, even if that means climbing in the crib with him.
our strong baby boy
Preston helping me feed the puppies. We found homes for all 10 when they were 4 weeks old, and they all left for their new homes when they were 5 weeks. Preston misses them.

Preston's new tricycle.

Camping makes you get so relaxed that you can fall asleep anywhere.




precious

Preston helping us fish. He had a blast helping me cast and reel the line in.

swinging at the park


our little monkey

6 comments:

dontspamjay said...

I'm glad things are still going good. We missed you guys at the reunion. Post some news about the church progress when you get a chance. Danielle and I would like to make it to the opening service.

Anonymous said...

Great post. Glad you got to go camping and relax a little. love Nonna

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and post, as usual. Thanks for the update.
Carolyn

Debbie and Mike said...

Great post! Sorry I haven't noticed till now. Been busy with getting Mom and taking her home after the reunion. You were really missed. Preston could have played with the other little kids. He would have had fun. He could have fed the cows by hand and ridden the 4 wheelers with us. We all had a blast! Danielle took great pics of course.
Talk to you soon.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new shoes. Lol! Great pics Shell-as always!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun camping! Looking forward to the next chance we get to see you!
Danielle