
Clint is pretty close to running around everywhere; I'll definitely call it a speed walk. He loves reading books. He prefers someone else read to him, but if they say no he's perfectly content to sit down and "read" it himself. He has started singing, but we haven't figured out which song he is singing yet. He gets jealous when I'm holding Preston or any other baby. He still loves sleeping and that has surprised me a bit. I assumed he would have figured out he is missing out on something when he's sleeping, but that boy loves his crib time. He's saying lots of words, and my favorite right now are, "Woah, woah, woah!" yelled very excitedly and "uh-oh" with a very serious face of concern. He is happy that I let him be on the ground when we go outside now instead of putting him in his swing. He explores everything, but mostly tries to get the balls from the dogs. It is such a relief that I don't have to constantly follow him around and get everything out of his mouth while we're in the backyard. That was the norm for the first 2 1/2 years of Preston's life as many of you know. It is so amazing to me how much they comprehend at this age but aren't capable of expressing it yet. He can follow lots of simple directions. A couple of his favorites are, "put your diaper in the trash" "go find your blanket" and "go get in your chair".




Preston is such a funny kid. Yesterday we were sitting at the dining room table. He was writing with a pen. Suddenly he goes into a zone and starts ripping off his shoe and sock on one foot. I ask him what he's up to, but he is too focused to answer. Suddenly he grabs his pen, puts it between his toes and proceeds to write with his foot. Between my giggles, I manage to grab to video camera. When I asked him what made him want to do this, he told me just because he "wanted to be curious". He loves tools and helping Chris build or work on anything. He can identify more tools than I can. He also enjoys trips to the man store (AKA Lowe's) with his daddy. He constantly asks my "why?" and "how does that work" which is very exhausting for me to come up with valid answers to all of his questions. He has trouble accepting the answer "I don't know" but sometimes I really don't know, so then he asks me why I don't know. Aaaahhh. He has also come to enjoy helping Clint understand the ways of the world. He instructs him on things like how you should play with toys (Clint, we do not throw toys) and other things he should not do.

We were planning on camping during Mardi Gras, but we have decided we wouldn't be able to stay for long enough to enjoy ourselves. Chris has mentioned camping in a tent in the back yard with Preston, but we'll have to see how the weather cooperates. Chris has been working more than the usual lately with extra side jobs. He is finishing up a roofing job today, and hopefully if he can re-coop from that in a couple of days we'll do some long awaited house projects of our own. I've been wanting to paint the house since we moved in, and it would be very exciting to get that done in the next week.
All our love to all of you
Blessings
The Kopps




6 comments:
Your boys are so adorable...and so smart! I love Preston's curiosity. I think you have a very bright child on your hands.
Carolyn
I love the stories. We miss you guys and hope to see you sometime soon.
I just noticed, Preston is hammering left handed. If he did a good job I am amazed! He usually uses his right hand for most things. I still love the post. I sure thought I left a comment earlier.
Mom
Shell, the boys are precious! I always knew you'd be a great mom!
Tracy
Post a Comment