Monday, February 02, 2009

Partay!

Clint's 1st and Chris' 27th Birthday party!




The birthday party was a blast! We had LOTS of friends and family there to celebrate. We started out with some snack mix, summer sausage (made by Chris), and cheese and crackers to go with it. Then the birthday boys opened their presents. Chris got a couple of gifts, and Clint got overloaded with gifts. Thanks everyone! After gifts we were ready to eat. I made my first ever Chicken and Sausage Gumbo. It turned out okay. I needed more roux (Am I spelling this right? Spell check is not helping) because it was a little light in color. O-well, I'll do better next time. I have heard that roux is pretty hard to make, and although the method wasn't difficult, I wasn't sure how much I needed for 35 people! It wasn't too terrible because we nearly ate it all up at the party. We ate bread with it, oh, and Chris favorite...IBC root beer. Then came dessert. Chris requested a Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake for his cake. It was delicious!!! ( recipe #62429 at www.recipezaar.com). And for the lil wheat and dairy free child, Cherry Blueberry jello. Of course, we threw in some regular cupcakes for a little variety. I had so much fun celebrating the birth day of 2 of my most favorite people, and I think everyone else did too! It is such a blessing to be loved by so many. Check out the web album for more pics.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you did update your blog! Looks like the party was a lot of fun! I didn't realize Clint was wheat/dairy allergic. That jello cake was a beautiful alternative though and he sure seemed to love it. Great post!
Carolyn

dontspamjay said...

Sorry we missed the party. Looks like everyone had a great time and you had a full house. I'm going to check into that recipe that you posted...

Debbie and Mike said...

Glad you put the recipe number in there, because I wanted it before we left and forgot it. The enchiladas were fantastic. We have one left after 2 meals already. We could have had more left, but we really pushed the limit the first night. The party was a blast and Nanny just called to tell me the web album was just great.
Loved the post and hope everyone is well now.

Love,
Mom