Monday, March 23, 2009

Recent travels

The boys and I took a little road trip last week while Chris was in New Orleans taking a class. We visited my good friend Jamie and her family in Ruston. Jamie and I really enjoyed catching up on life, and the boys had a terrific time playing. Next we went to Kilgore to visit my grandparents. It was so nice to have a good one on one visit and the boys always enjoy their time there. Before we headed back to Cajunland we visited my friend Linsey and her kiddos in Gladewater. I was so glad to get to visit her since it was nearly 2 years since we were able to get together. I managed to take a few pictures, and yes, Clint was on the trip too. I guess I just didn't get any good ones of him. He's so busy these days its difficult to get him still for a photo.



Bedtime stories with Jamie Maddox and Preston


picking Papa's radishes-Preston is such the little gardener



Preston and Papa's little idea to hook the tractor and wagon together: Preston skipped his nap and nearly fell asleep. He also enjoyed driving the tractor, although he is still mastering the skill of steering. Apparently this is a big challenge for him.


Preston all dressed for church, but wanting to go fishing. He used some birthday money to get a new life jacket and fishing pole.

Speaking of birthdays, Preston will be three on the 30th. He's really excited about his party this year! We'll post pics after the big event.

3 comments:

Papa&Nonna said...

Thanks for the picture of Preston with his fishing pole and thanks for shopping for us. Nonna&Papa

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your post about your travels. It's so good to catch up with old friends and such a blessing that your kids have great-grandparents to love on 'em.
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a good time on your road trip. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Danielle