Saturday, April 24, 2010

Adjusting to 3



So we're trying to adjust to 3 kiddos. Life has been interesting. Mom and Dad took the boys to Houston when Cara was 4 days old, which was wonderful because I was able to rest and recover without them under foot. Since they've been back they've been learning there's really not a whole lot they can do with Cara. They do try to be helpful and sweet with her, but I think Preston had some unrealistic expectations because he wants her to play with him like Clint does.

Cara is doing really well. She's a very content baby so far and sleeps really well at night. We try not to brag too much, but she sleeps for about a 5 or 6 hour stretch already waking only to eat. I hope that continues! At her week and a half check up she weighed 9 # 10 oz. already and was 21 1/4 inches tall. Such a blessing to have a healthy baby. She is a growing girl! Much bigger than the boys, well, not taller.

Church friends have been bringing us dinner every other night. What a blessing to have so many who love and care for us. It is such a relief knowing I don't have to do it all, but can ease back into all my responsibilities. Chris has been helping me with all the housework, while I've just been focusing on taking care of me and the kiddos-its weird not saying 'the boys' anymore. I'm usually bad about not resting as much as I should, but this time around I must say I am doing a better job of taking care of myself. I guess I've learned to let a lot of things go. I should add that I'm feeling really good. (I guess all that rest has payed off).

The boys love holding Cara, so we all take turns. I am impressed at how gentle Clint is with her.

This is Preston's new desk. Some friends at church offered it to us, and I was sure he'd love it. When he came home from Houston, he was ecstatic. We have played school a lot lately.





Cara, all dressed for her first trip to church.

In other news, we are getting ready to close on another house. We've been wanting to try to flip a house, and we were finally able to close a good deal on a house near ULL. We'll close in a few weeks, and Chris will begin the work. We're excited to see how it all goes. The plan is to have it finished and ready for college students to fill it in the fall.

Also, Chris graduates may 15th! Woo-hoo! After 10 years of post high school education, he is ready for a break! He is graduating with his Masters of Divinity from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. We're planning a lil trip to New Orleans around the graduation and then when we're back in Lafayette we're having a party!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update and pictures. Your whole family is beautiful and you are a wonderful Mom. Papa and Nonna

Debbie and Mike said...

Was wondering about the house. Glad it is going through. Hope all goes well with it. Cara has changed so much. Can't wait to see her again. Let me know what you decide on this weekend. The boys look so good. We miss them. I am glad you are at least trying to rest up more.

Mom