Sunday, January 30, 2011

First Explorations


These are the scenes we saw for our first weekend in Galena. The first pic is our U shaped drive in the front of our house. The second pic is out my kitchen window which looks into what I refer to as 'our backyard'. It was soo cold though, that we only left the house when we were going somewhere, not to explore and enjoy the outdoors around us. :(


our detached garage


Thank goodness we only needed a few days of patience until the temps warmed up. The boys and I were more than ready to go exploring! This is our street view(above), Gabes Street.
On one side of our house there is a snow machine trail. The boys and I took this path so they wouldn't struggle to walk through the deep snow and get exhausted before we got anywhere.


enjoying some snow

It is difficult to see, but this is a Momma moose and baby moose in our 'backyard'. They hung out in the area for a couple of days and we really enjoyed seeing them.

3 comments:

Debbie and Mike said...

Such beautiful snow! I don't think I want to experience -58 degrees. It does look like you had more fun exploring when it was warmer though. Looks like ya'll are going to have snow again on Wednesday. I hope everyone is having a good time. I did see the moose and her calf. Looks so peaceful. Still can't tell where your U shaped driveway is though. The pictures of the garage remind me of Christmas cards.

Mom

dontspamjay said...

Clint looks as wide as he is tall when he's all bundled up!

Anonymous said...

LOVE these pics! Debbie is right that they look like beautiful Christmas cards...just magical. I'm not sure if living in it is quite magical but it sure looks like fun...at least for awhile. :)
Carolyn