Everyone has asked how the kids did traveling to AK. They were fantastic travelers. I seriously regret not taking a pic of us traveling between terminals because I know we were an interesting sight. Chris pretty much looked like a Sherpa. What else can you look like when you have 9 carry on bags plus a stroller, car seat, and backpack carrier?

We had just enough time in Seattle to grab some dinner, let everyone get a potty break, and play for a little while. The kids were so exhausted, but they were pleasant.

Preston has always enjoyed playing with play-doh, and this travel size was perfect! He was entertained for at least 30 minutes. After we got here, someone asked how we got through security with it. Ya know, I didn't even think to show them we went through security. I guess it could look like bomb material???

Chris and Clint reading. We were unable to sit together on our flights, but usually we were able to switch things around so that we were each with one of the kids and passed Cara between us. We must have looked desperate because we had all kinds of people helping us.

Clint was the most excited about playing in the snow. When we touched down in Anchorage, he immediately asked if we could get off the plain and instantly build a snowman. We did not do this, but they did enjoy looking at the winter wonderland. It took us a while to load all of our luggage and drive a couple of blocks over to pick up the dogs. When that was accomplished all we wanted was a soft bed! Sooo, first thing the next day we played outside in the ice (because the temp was up to 41 last week and most of the snow melted in Houston, AK where Greg and Aimee live).




Sam loves being outside with us...just like when we were in LA. Maggie isn't too crazy about the cold and ice, but she loves being an inside dog. We bought her a jacket, but I lost it when we were packing. It is somewhere in the mail to Galena now and should be waiting for us when we get there.


The boys had so much fun sledding in the backyard with Nate. We had to coax them inside when the sun was going down.
5 comments:
Looks like fun. I figured the boys would have a blast in the winter wonderland. Is Cara a pokemon?
Great pics! You'll have to write a book one day about your travel adventures!
Carolyn
So glad that things are going well and you guys made it safely (and sanely) to Alaska! Let us know when you get settled. I will keep all of you in my prayers as you start the next chapter of your life. I know God will bless you as you work to spread His word! Elaine
Love the pictures. Didn't think you would have a new post this quick. I love seeing the boys in the snow. Sam does look like she is alive and happy. I am sure Maggie is happy inside.
Mom
thanks for the update glad see boys enjoying the snow you all sure are having a new venture wish all the best PAPA&NANNA
Post a Comment