Thursday, February 10, 2011

chicks

Cara is 10 months old tomorrow. She's still holding off on walking. This is quite surprising to me. Today I tricked her into taking some steps to me, but she would prefer to get down and crawl. She has cut 3 teeth in the last week and a half, getting her up to 5 teeth now. She was not sleeping during that time and was affectionately called Cranky-pants. So glad we moved on from that! She says lots of different sounds and I am sure she's gonna be a big talker. She LOVES bath time. I ask her: Cara, do you want to take a bath? She stops, looks at me, and says Baaa over and over. I have got to get this on video. She can wave and loves to look at or read books. She loves going outside, yes, even in the cold, but does not like her big snowsuit.
She is great about entertaining herself, but enjoys shrieking at meal time or when she's done playing in her pack and play. We are very much looking forward to her being able to sign or talk instead of shriek. She loves playing patty cake and any other finger plays or songs. She is not a picky eater. She knows things she's not supposed to get into ( the laptop, the cabinets, the trash). I know this because she will timidly look at those things before she grabs them, then look to see if I am watching her. Sometimes she'll do the right thing, other times not so much.
check out my new mukluks...yeah, they are pretty awesome
a new friend gave us some hand-me-downs which included 2 hand made rabbit fur hats. this one is sparkly hot pink on the top and back, but you can't see it in this pic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Michelle, she is really growing. I always enjoy seeing all the kids but it was nice to see a blog entry devoted to you and Cara. Looks like you guys are getting adjusted pretty well. What an adventure! I can't even imagine -58 degrees. I complained all day over temps in the 20's! I am such a wuss. Always love to read the new posts to keep up with you guys. I continue to pray for all of you as you spread God's word. Take care and stay warm.
Elaine/NanE

Debbie and Mike said...

Love this post about Cara being 10 months old. We seem to have missed the fact that is was the 10th. Guess it had to do with the fact that we were at the hospital. Love the pictures of both of you.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Cara is growing up too fast. Nonna&Papa