Wednesday, July 27, 2011

summer fun


So, we've been enjoying summer in Galena. I must admit the most depressing term I heard my first few months here, was 'summer-jacket'. Coming from the South, I was just shocked that those two words could possibly go together. Yes, its true. You do need a light weight jacket some days, but its not a bad thing at all! :) The weather has been really nice actually.




I've picked flowers a couple of times, even though my allergies are against it! There are so many different colors. I think they're just beautiful! And they were all right around our house.


This view out our kitchen window has really changed since that first look during heavy winter!

Thankfully, I have my new table and chairs set up, which is counter top height and Cara cannot climb onto, but this was before that. Cara loves to climb onto the table and this day she snuck upstairs when we were all down. She had fun pouring out all the water left in the cups from dinner. Then she banged the cups on the table like she was a mad drummer...that's when I noticed she was not with everyone else downstairs. wardrobe change and quick wipe up of water, but not before I snapped this photo.
Fun at the park. We found lots of boys to play with!

Moose in our backyard. Her two calves were out of sight.
Checking out the bears at the dump.
Tub time, bush style when your bathtub is out of order. Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but our bathtub needs some repair, its on the summer-to-do-list, and for now we either shower the kids, which they love, or use a Rubbermaid tote for a bath. Cara got her first black eye the evening this photo was taken. She wanted to carry her toy barn which is rather large and rather heavy, but she tripped, fell, and landed on it. Immediate purple eye, then black eye.
We've been busy little bees trying to get the infamous to do list done, but we've taken time to have a little fun too. I feel like we've accomplished a ton just gettin our crate contents put away. (more about that on the Galena blog). We've enjoyed catching up with friends over dinners, and we've been outside a lot. Starting tomorrow we'll be housing a mission team here doing a VBS and other service projects, so we'll be taking a time out from focusing on house stuff and we are looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good post. The flowers are beautiful but not as pretty as Cara even if she does have a black eye. Nonna & Papa

Debbie and Mike said...

I bet the wild flowers that come up are even more beautiful if there was a whole field of them. Glad you can enjoy them though. They look nice in the window.
Glad you guys are taking time to enjoy the summer and not just working all the time. As usual enjoyed the pictures. Cara's shiner was something else. She did a good job. OUCH!
First tropical storm in the gulf died out almost before it got on land. Went in at Corpus, but they didn't even get much rain. Crazy!
Have a great weekend!