
Preston insisted on sitting in the window to eat his snack because Chris was going up and down the ladder connecting the wood stove's pipe. And this was as close as I let him get to 'helping' Chris with this project. He was just itching to climb that ladder. As we've said before, Chris is very much looking forward to him being old enough to be great help. Until then we'll just stick to training for the basics...1) obeying and 2)asking first. I must take a deep breath and tell myself he will eventually grasp these things we've been teaching him from the beginning. Preston is learning a lot in school. Most things he seems to pick up easily. I feel like we are finally beginning to find a good routine for accomplishing school and the other basics of life with 3 kids. Preston is enjoying the snowy weather, and especially likes to pull Cara, and sometimes Clint, in the sled.

Our friendly gator from the South. Cara loves to pretend he's biting her...she learns from the best. I'm sure you can guess who that might be. Cara recently got 9 new teeth. That's a lot of work for such a little body! We are glad to have that behind us. She's learned how to climb lots of things, and is practicing walking up and down the stairs instead of scooting. She asks for me to put bows in her hair, but equally enjoys pulling them out and chewing on them. She likes to go outside, but finds is stressful when she finds snow covering her boots. We've had many reassuring talks that there is snow on everyone's boots, and that it will be okay. She also loves riding in the sled. She's been climbing out of her bed as of 2 weeks ago. Now when we put her to bed she reminds me that she'll get a spankin' if she gets out of bed, and that she's supposed to stay in bed. Most of the time she stays in bed. She sings her own rendition of 'Old MacDonald', 'Itsy Bitsy Spider', 'ABCs', and 'Jesus Loves Me'.

Sleepy eyes

Clint is learning to write his name, and really likes to do school work with Preston. He's great about throwing random facts at you throughout the day, whether its something he's learned in school or an idea he got on his own. Recently it was "Mommy I'm not going to pick my nose and eat my boogers anymore because Jesus doesn't". I thought that was a great idea, and very funny as well. He's really into Joshua and the battle of Jericho right now, and is enjoying his Sunday School class at church.
4 comments:
I love this post! I understand completely about Preston. He hasn't changed a bit. Clint is too funny!!! Laughed out loud and had to tell Pop about the boogers! Cara is prettier every single day and her hair is beautiful. I am glad she is making sure you understand what you are supposed to do if she gets out of her bed. Such a fun post! Glad they are enjoying the snow. I thought the wood stove was completed a couple of weeks ago? Thanks for the post!
Love the picture showing they have learned to hang upside down on the bunk bed rails!
Awesome post!
Loved this post; we can still depend on your kids to give us a good laugh. Clint made an excellent decision about his boogers and what better reason to make that wise decision. :)Cara is so cute; I think she looks just like Preston.
Post a Comment