with Kaylin, or Princess Leia
Cara was using Clint's Cow tail to tickle her spider. It was really cute to watch her amuse herself.
So one thing I really missed this year was pumpkins, going to the pumpkin patch, and making jack o lanterns. Well, we found this recipe in a children's cook book that my mom sent. It is called 'Snack o lanterns'. The directions say to hollow out an orange, cut out a face, then combine the orange wedges with other fruit to make a fruit salad, and serve it inside the carved orange. The boys thought this was a pretty fun project, and afterwards we could still set a candle inside to enjoy the glow.
Preston made his all by himself.
It was around zero degrees on trick or treating night. So, we decided to dress the kids as Kids of the Arctic! Apparently, this was the hottest costume idea in town; however, I did see a few kids dressed in other costumes with chattering teeth instead of a coat. We convinced the kids to skip out on the costumes by 1. telling them they could pretend to be whatever they wanted and tell people their costume just couldn't be seen through the gear and 2. use the snow machine as their transportation for trick or treating house to house. This sold the idea! Preston told one person he was a Koala. Random.
Cara and I stayed home and ate Skittles in between passing out candy. The guys unfortunately had some bad gas in the snow machine and only made it to one house before they were stranded. Our friend Tabitha saved the evening by picking up our boys and letting them tag along while Chris got the sno go back home. (Its running fine now) I guess next year we will start the snow machining trick or treating tradition.
5 comments:
So cute. And thanks for posting the picture of Princess Leia. Tell her she looked really cool. :)
Great post! You seemed to cover everything. Glad I found that cook book for y'all. The pumpkins turned out great. I think I would have stayed home with you and Cara though. Loved all of the pictures.
Great post. We missed you guys this year for trick or treating. Our kids got to go and had fun, although we had a wagon instead of a snow machine.
Tthanks for sharing the pictures!
Loved the orange-o-lanterns! Too cute and sounds tasty too! Your kids are so adorable!
Post a Comment