Friday, December 07, 2012

Snow

We left Galena in the end of October with just a dusting of snow, but I was shocked to see the same old dusting of snow when we returned to Galena.  Strangeness that it was already so cold and hardly any snow.  Well, the day I took this video (I think the first week or second week of November) it felt like it snowed a month's worth in 24 hours.  We were very excited to receive it, besides the fact that we needed to move it off the driveway...yeah, shoveling isn't Chris' favorite chore.
Since then there hasn't been anymore snow.  Its all packed down  So we still haven't used the snowmachines yet, haven't had a good sledding day, and the guys haven't started trapping.  I am very thankful though that we haven't seen -40 yet.  :)  Hooray!  Thought you southern folk might enjoy seeing the white stuff.

3 comments:

Jon said...

It snows like that down here in Cajun country...

papa and nonna said...

I like to see the pictures but don't want to shovel it again. Had enough of that in Corry.Pa

Debbie and Mike said...

Impressive. I knew you said you hadn't had any snow to speak of. Guess you have now. When does Chris get back?