Preston turned 8 March 30th. We celebrated a day early because birthdays are more fun on Saturday, just kidding. But we really did celebrate all day Saturday.
He's not into smiling for pics these days, but these first two were gifts from family he opened right after breakfast, and he really was happy!
Preston really wanted to have a Lego party. So since the weather was really nice (I think it was around 30) we had the whole party outside.
We started with roasting marshmallows, his other party request. Then we had a relay game between two teams. Each person ran to the Legos and put 5 pieces on before tagging the next person. Too bad I didn't get a pic of the final pieces.
Another game was who could build the tallest Lego tower in 2 minutes with random Legos. It was fun to see the different ideas.
Preston asked for a Black Forest Cake. Once I had it finished I realized it probably wouldn't be enough cake so we made vanilla cupcakes (colored orange because that's his favorite color).
Afterwards the Legos were out for everyone to play with and the kids built all kinds of creations.
What a great birthday for Preston. Preston loves creating things with his hands; so things like building on a friend's tree house, creating anything out of a box I was planning to throw out, painting, legos, science experiments, etc. He also loves being outside. He's becoming a good helper. He likes fixing breakfast for everyone, things like oatmeal, cereal, and cream of wheat. He's a very proficient reader this year and likes to read alone or to us. He is a good friend and brother, and very caring. We love you Preston and are so proud of you!











1 comment:
Seeing the pictures really makes the way you all told it even better. Love the pictures. Looks like they all had a great time.
Post a Comment