Thursday, October 16, 2014

Other things in Fall...



This year we actually grew some nice size carrots! 
I didn't get any pics of our potato crop, but the potato harvest was fantastic at the community garden, not so much in our experimental boxes at the house. 
We had a lot of trouble with moose enjoying our produce growing in the community garden. He liked snow peas, broccoli, and lettuce. We got to eat some of those things too, and they WERE tasty. 


Fall leaves dropped really quickly this year because of a very blustery day. Chris said it made for good hunting. So we didn't get to enjoy the yellow leaves for long, but I still love to watch the falling leaves!


Sugar is growing fast. She is such a great dog. We love that she is so snugly!


Oh, you know, just walking home from the art room in her new crown. 


This is our new road that goes out to the dump. It opened this fall and is further from the river than the old dump road which was being eroded by the river. 


It seemed like I took this picture of fall leaves, and the next day they were on the ground. 


Chris and Preston going for a grouse. We went out as a family because grouse hunting is so easy. You just pile into the truck with your gun and drive out to the dump. The grouse come to get the gravel on the road and are not too smart when you approach to shoot. Preston got his first grouse on this trip. He was very excited!



We went out a few days later and it was Clint's turn to shoot. He didn't get one, but he was pretty close. Chris got the 2 below. 




And these last few are just because they are so cute!!












2 comments:

Jon said...

Loved the pic of Cara sleeping on you. Freaky how much I look like you..

-Jon

Debbie and Mike said...

Grouse hunting. If it's that easy I might could do that. You are right. Those last few were really cute. I agree with Jon. And I do love the picture of Cara walking home with her new crown on. That is do her!