Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Moose season

We took a family boat ride one Friday night, and happened to shoot a couple of beavers too.
This fall Moose Season was very successful, both for our family, and for many across Galena.  Chris had an opportunity to help some hunters coming through Galena for hunting, and in turn we received some meat.  It was a big blessing and we were grateful to get it and share it as well.
Friday night boat ride

Sugar's first boat ride.

They always watch him clean the beaver.
Just a day after receiving the out of towners meat, Chris headed out on his hunting trip with friend, Joel Wilkinson.  Chris was able to debone a lot of the meat before he left so that I could work on trimming and processing while he and Preston were out with Joel.
the hunting trio

Preston did a really good job helping this year.  Chris said since he was able to help pack out a good amount of meat, he'll get to shoot one next season.

Joel's moose

We did a lot of cutting while they were hunting.  Clint is a very good helper, and Cara is on her way to being just as helpful.  I had planned for us to take a week's vacation from school when we got meat, so the kids were excited to be doing real work rather than school work.






Chris' moose

Preston's grouse
I was pretty shocked to find out they brought 2 moose home.  Whew! That was so much meat!  The Lord definitely provided this year.  We were able to share and give away lots of meat, and still have enough for our family too.  I think we cut meat for 8 days straight.  I'm so glad we had help and its always fun to work together on it with friends and family.

1 comment:

Papa&Nonna said...

What a busy time for your family. Thank you for posting.