Friday, August 26, 2016

Snapshots of Summer

I love these kiddos!
I wanted a picture of all the kids with some of the beautiful wildflowers, but when we went out to do this, it was very sunny and the kids eyes were tired and sensitive from swimming lessons so we ended up finding some shade next to the river.  I'm glad we got everyone smiling!

Making Hobo dinners
In our family, we really enjoy our food.  I don't mean we love food, well, we do, but we like to enjoy our food.  We enjoy cooking and creating in the kitchen, and we enjoy eating around the table together, and we enjoy having people over to enjoy our food with.  Well, I discovered we still had quite a few grouse in the freezer from Fall time, and I thought it would be fun to make Hobo dinners every Friday until we had them all eaten up.  Making Hobo dinners is very easy, and the kids can help.  We included one grouse, a couple pieces of sausage, potatoes, onion, and carrots.  Each person adds the ingredients of choice plus a little olive oil and the seasonings of choice.  Next wrap it up tight is some tin foil and bake it at 400 degrees for a couple of hours. 
Clint's Hobo Dinner ready for the oven

Wildflowers from around town and a beautiful girl
These are Cara's beautiful bouquets she made from flowers we picked all around town.  She's also got the Alaska Wildflower book out so we can identify all the different kinds.

Softball season

Summer was also softball season. This was Clint's first season and Preston's second.  Both of them enjoyed being on the team.  Galena had enough players to have 2 teams.  The Little League World Series was in Nulato this year and Chris was able to take the boys and 3 other teammates in his boat for the big weekend.  I stayed home with the girls.  The tournament was very fun and all the kids had a blast.  Villages represented were Ruby, Huslia, Galena, Koyokuk, Kaltag, and Nulato.  Chris and the boys were also dually excited to see our friends, the Casey family because they lived in Galena for a season, but now they moved to Nulato.

2 comments:

Debbie and Mike said...

Too cool! Everyone likes to have a great time especially while enjoying food.

Anonymous said...

Great to see the pix and glad you all are enjoying the summer. Papa & Nonna