Tuesday, July 18, 2006

an update from Preston



Hi guys!
Mom and Dad wanted me to tell everyone how things have been going.
Well, last week we were at Caney Creek Lake with the youth. We had so much fun. Dad caught 2 really BIG fish. One Grass Carp and one Bass. My dad is very proud of his fish. They were both bigger than me. I had fun playing with all the youth and staying up really late. They all thought I was so cute and the best behaved baby. My friend Claire (Mr. Shane and Miss Jeannine's adorable little girl) gave me lots of kisses and attention. I really like to smile and give her my sweet eyes.

After we got back from the lake I laughed for the first time ever. I really got Mom and Dad's attention with it. I was at my Grandma and Grandpa's house picking up Sam. Maddie and Sam were playing in the kitchen, and I just thought it was funny enough to have a little chuckle. I haven't laughed too much since then though.

Last Thursday Mom and I went to lunch with all of Grandma's lady friends. I smiled for them and talked to them for a while, but then I was ready for a nap so I went to sleep and let Mom eat her lunch and visit. Then Mom and Dad took me to New Orleans for the evening. I got to see the French Quarter and meet cousin Amy. She was on a mission trip with the youth from her church, but we were able to have some bengeits and coffee at Cafe duMonde and visit for a while.

Friday was very busy. Mom ran lots of errands getting ready for Aunt Dee's wedding shower (she's marrying my Uncle Jay). It was my Uncle Jon's birthday so we got sno cones with him in the afternoon. Then I visited with my Nana and Pawpaw in the evening . Then I went to visit with my Great Nanny and Aunt Pam. They came to town for the shower.

Saturday we got up early to help set up for the wedding shower. I was a very good boy and slept practically the whole morning and through most of the shower. I got to wear my very cute short sleeve sweater from Ann Cargill. Aunt Dee had a great time at her shower and got lots of wonderful gifts. Saturday afternoon I was Mr. Fussypants because my teeth were really bothering me. Thankfully Mom's friend told her about Hyland's Teething Tablets from Target pharmacy, and Mom got some for me. They help me feel so much better. Thanks Mom.

Sunday we had a great day at church. I had 7 friends in the nursery with me! Then we went to eat lunch at Johnny Carino's. After that Uncle Jay and Aunt Dee came over to visit for a while. Then in the evening we went to Miss Causey's house. She had lots of baby goodies to give us!! Thanks for the clothes and all the baby stuff!

Mom decided that since we had such a busy week that we'd take it easy for a couple of days, so we haven't been doing too much. Maggie had her surgery to remove the cancer spot on her back. She is doing very well. She even feels like playing, but Mom and Dad have to watch her carefully and make sure she rests. My Grandma finally got internet hooked up at her Villa. Yay!! I know she is so excited to be able to talk with everyone again.

Well, its about my bedtime so I better go.

Love
Preston Michael

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Preston you write so well. Your Gandma is very proud of you. Thos are some mighty big fish your Dad caught. I understand one of them is in my freezer. Maybe we can see it in person in September. LOL! You guys are doing a great job with the blog. I love looking at your pictures and getting updated so well. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

That kid can spell better than me...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

preston you write almost as good as your mom. that was quite a fish. nonna and papa are jealous

Denise said...

Hey! I accidently found your link on the Volentine's blog. Wait til I tell Chris I found you. Every now and then we think about you guys and wonder what you're up to. Now we'll know! Last time we saw you was at the Volentine wedding! Boy, things are happenin' for you, with a beautiful baby and all! Congratulations, we're happy for you!