
Its about time for a new post...
Things have been pretty hectic around here since Mom and Dad got in....and with the wedding. Its all over now and Jay and Danielle are happily married....and in Jamaica by now having a great time.The rehearsal, dinner, wedding, and reception were so much fun. If you missed it, sorry, you really missed a good time. Way too much detail to spill out here.
We do have one big confession though: Jay, Jon really is innocent. Yes, he followed the limo to find out where you guys were staying, but he didn't touch your car. Chris was the main culprit of the decorations. (Confessions of a Pastor, pretty funny, huh?)He had some help, but I'm not offering any of that information for free. Ahhahhahhaa!! I must say, that was the best saran wrapping job I've seen.

Congratulations Jay and Danielle!!
Let's see, what else is new.....oh, Mom and Dad got a house. They are in the process of packing right now. Jon will be living on my side of town now. That'll be cool that he's a lot closer to us, but not too close... :)
Preston had a good time meeting lots of friends and family this weekend. He tried to steal the show at the rehearsal dinner. He got in one of his "yelling just for fun" moods and was going crazy playing with his Three Little Monkeys book. It is his absolute favorite toy. I asked Aunt Pam to watch him during the wedding since she didn't have any responsibilities. Thanks Aunt Pam. He was so good during our big weekend, especially considering we stayed on the go, everyone passed him around, and he was up late. He's usually pretty good if he stays up late, that just means he wants to sleep late the next day. So Saturday morning he slept until 10:30, but on Sunday morning we had to wake him up to go to church. He was pretty exhausted. So, Monday we had a lazy day. He's all recouped from the weekend now. I'm trying to think what else is new with him. Oh, he tried some peas the past two nights. He likes them ok. I tasted them, and they were pretty disgusting. He started walking around if we hold his hands. I was very surprised by that! Maybe he'll skip crawling and walk first. It'll be interesting to see. He's such a funny little guy.
Chris has been very busy with school and church work. He's learning Hebrew this semester, and he's actually had to study a lot. This is very unusual for Chris who usually gets by without studying much at all. (I can't help but think how much more fun school would have been for me if I could just remember everything without studying). His other classes are keeping him on his toes too with lots of reading. Anyways, we're still stuck in the paperwork stages of building CWOW's Community Center, but we're getting closer to having everything worked out. Its good that we get all the kinks worked out before we start building. Church has been going great. We're consistently growing and seeing visitors come back again and again. We've had to add more chairs for the past few weeks in a row, which is pretty exciting. The worship service starts at 10:30, but the chairs don't usually completely fill up until about 10:45. Its pretty funny. We're having a Women's Ministry kickoff this Saturday. We are also having a retreat for the whole family in October. I'm very excited about it. Chris and I have done youth retreats in the past, and decided why not have one for the whole church. Its called The Refining. We're staying at Chicot State Park Friday through Sunday. Its gonna be great.
Pictures available to you thanks to my grandparents. They read about my camera being broken and decided I needed a new one. They wanted to keep up to date with Preston. Hey, who can blame them? I wouldn't want to miss the adorable pictures either!
Love you all
Shell and Chris
4 comments:
Great Shell. Glad you took time to update for us. Nonna&Papa
congrats to Jay and Danielle. Good job on the car decorating Chris.
Chris, Chris, Chris.... I'm telling God man... Just kidding. Good job and thanks for leaving it mechanically intact. Had a great time.
http://www.beebetran.com/slideshows/
You know Chris if it hadn't been for you Jay and Danielle would never have gotten to experience having their car decorated. It is just another passage to adulthood. LOL! Congrats on such a good last minute job. Great pictures Shell.
Mom
Post a Comment