Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Hola mi amigos!

Sad news everyone, my camera is a little "under the weather." I'm gonna have to take it to be repaired as a result of taking a dive off the bar in the kitchen. Ouch! I did manage to get the pictures that were on there off, but there were hardly any new ones. So, here's what I've got for now:

Preston's first taste of Watermelon!



He loved it! That's Manny de la Rosa from church holding him. We had a great day Sunday. We met lots of new people and had some yummy BBQ at the church property after the worship service. It was pretty hot, but we all had so much fun.

My Mom and Dad arrived home safely. We met them at the airport Thursday night to pick them up with Jon. Then we headed back to the house to visit for a bit before Mom and Dad crashed for the night. We got lots of cool goodies from overseas, but I think Preston got the most.....no big surprise there. Mom and Dad went to Houston for the weekend, and they've been spending as much time with everyone as they can while they are here. On top of wanting to see everyone and getting ready for the wedding, they've still got to do some house shopping too. So they are pretty busy!

Preston had a huge weekend with 4 really on-the-go days and late nights. He was such a good sport about it even though he was really tired. Yesterday he slept A LOT to catch up. Its sad that my camera decided to break this week of all weeks with the wedding and all the family that will be hanging out.

Preston is still doing great!! I'm not sure he could get much happier or content. He's been eating some rice cereal, and enjoying that. Last night Dad gave him some mashed potatoes and ice cream too. He really enjoyed the ice cream! One day last week we were eating at McAlister's, and he had his first taste of pickle. He shook all over with the first taste, but then opened his mouth for more! It was very funny. I'm pretty sure this kid isn't gonna have a hard time switching to real food. He's very close to accomplishing sitting on his own. He will sit for a long time now before he tumbles over. He also enjoys screaming at the top of his lungs just for fun while he is playing. I'm thankful that he hasn't done it in public so far. He's gonna have a pretty big time this weekend too with the wedding and everything. He'll get to meet a lot of the family. How fun!

Well, its about lunch time and I'm starving!
Hopefully, I'll have some pics for next time.

Love
Shell and Preston

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See you friday..

Anonymous said...

i know you get tired of hearing us say so but we really really enjoy your blog. love nonna & papa