My parents got in safe and sound last Thursday. Unfortunately, they have the flu. Hopefully, they will be up and running again soon.
We've got our CWOW playgroup up and running again. Last week was our first get-together, and we all really enjoyed it. So far its all boys.
Our church is continuing to grow. Its very exciting. Our Women's Ministry is off and running. We're establishing a Babysitting Co-op which is much needed in our young church! We also started a Meeting the Needs Ministry for single or older ladies that need help with handy man type jobs. We've got some really great men who are ready to help. And our latest development is a Women's Mentoring group. We've paired up some women with the intent of encouraging each other in their spiritual journey through life and learning to be more dependent on God rather than others.
Preston is doing well. He's walking everywhere and trying to run. He just thinks he can do anything. He is an exceptional drooler. Seriously, he's the most drooly baby I know. I have hope that one day he will stop or learn to swallow. I'll be happy with whichever one comes first. Right now he loves going outside. He's still Mr. Social and loves playing with his friends. He's finally figuring out he is NOT supposed to get into the trash can after weeks of spankings, or as Chris would say "squelching his personality." (ha ha) He's definitely hyper-focused or persistent or stubborn as some people might describe him. Of course, there are plenty of other things for him to get into.
Chris and I raked and bagged 15 bags of acorns and a few leaves just from our small backyard...less for Preston to munch on. Its strange that we had so many acorns this year. I'm thinking next time I will just pay one of the youth to come rake them up for me.
And a bit of interesting news before you scroll on down to check out the pictures. We have either a rat or squirrel in our attic! I've been telling Chris I'm hearing things at night like a giant rat or something gnawing or running around in the attic. It must have some kind of radar to know when Chris is looking for him because he'll get quiet as soon as I wake Chris. So last night Chris heard it as we were standing in the kitchen, and being the wonderful husband that he is he was up and looking around in the attic after one more pitter-patter of rodent nails on wood (cringe). Sure enough he found rodent droppings and lots of acorns.......hhhmmm. So we are preparing to set a trap with peanut butter and catch us a squirrel or rat. I wonder how it got in there? I know I've been hearing noises for a couple of months now.....hope he's not getting really big and fat (cringe) I'm just glad Chris finally went on his little excursion into the attic and that I'm not just hearing things. I'll keep you posted on what we capture...
And now for the grand finale:
One of his newer habits: pulling his hair while eating to give it a nice spiky effect.
Bright eyed boy
Caught red-handed, drinking the end of Mom's coffee.
What was learned:
Preston: 1) I really enjoy drinking coffee and licking my fingers that were dipped in coffee.
Mom: 1) Preston can reach things on the back of the end table as well as the front.
2) Put coffee cup in the sink when finished drinking coffee.
3) Caffeine and sugar create a hyper-active child.
Thanks for your wonderful comments,
Shell and Preston
6 comments:
That was a great update! I hope you catch your huge rodent soon!
If you can't catch the rodent... just start collecting rent.
Looking forward to seeing ya'll soon!
Hilarious lessons on babies and stray coffee cups! I remember those days well!
And I cringed just hearing about your rat. I know it sounds big but in my experience, it usually just turns out to be a mouse. Still nasty though, huh? I have no doubt Chris will bag that vermin in no time.
How nice a rodent in the attic. I like the info on Preston better. He is too funny! We will soon be over the flu and will be able to play more. Talk to you soon!
Mom
How nice to share in the developments of your church. Of course we are always happy for the pictures and actions of Preston. Good luck with catching the intruder. Love Nonna&Papa
Hi Shell, I realllly enjoy your blog. I think you should be a childrens writer!!! Glad your brave Chris caught your friend in the attic!! Aunt D
Post a Comment