Happy Mother's Day to all Mothers!
Hope you had a good day yesterday.
We had a very fun Mother's Day. We went to church yesterday, after Preston decided he needed to dive into his pool on the way out the door. IT was pretty funny. He was following Chris to the truck when he suddenly took a detour and decided it was time to go swimming. I turn to see him standing dripping wet in the pool with a confused face. Perhaps he was thinking, " Mom, I think you forgot to take off my clothes." Anyways, its a good thing Chris and I work as a team. He finished loading everything into the truck while I quickly changed Preston into some dry clothes, and we were off to church. After church we went to Mike and Barb's for lunch. Our men cooked a delicious lunch. We had smoked chicken, beef ribs; grilled pineapple, squash, zucchini, and portabella mushrooms. YUM!! Then, when Preston woke from his nap, we jumped in the pool. Our first swim of the season. The water was a little chilly, but we still enjoyed it. Preston was really excited. We hurried home after our swim so that Chris could type his papers for school. As I type he is sitting in his last day of class. He's very excited for this day to finally be here. Oh, I forgot to say what I got for my Mother's day gift. Preston and Sam and Maggie got me 2 pair of gardening gloves, and Chris got me a card with lots of coupons for things like a massage or dinner and a gift card with the promise to spend one whole day finishing my flower beds in the front for me. I think that day will be next Monday. How exciting.

swimming in his crab

just waking up..... (his only quiet and still time of the day)
We had our family portraits done this past Saturday. We had a wonderful photographer, Danielle Chisler. I recommend her for all your photography needs. :) There are so many good shots that I can't pick out a favorite. Jay and Dee stayed the weekend with us and we had a great time. Saturday after pictures in the park, we went to Mel's Diner for brunch. After our nap, we lounged around and then the guys cooked dinner. Good times. Jon and Rach came over later in the evening, and we all hung out for a while


Last Friday Barb watched Preston all day while I went shopping for myself and got my house spic and span clean. I had forgotten how fast I can get things done with someone else chasing after Preston! They had a fun day even though Preston decided he didn't need to take a nap. Other than that, we've been doing the usual. Preston keeps us entertained and on our toes. There's too much to say about him. Chris calls him our little comedian. His favorite game right now is Ghost. Rules of the game?? 1. Preston finds blanket. 2. Place blanket on Preston's head. 3. Laugh out loud as Preston runs around excitedly bumping into things and laughing uncontrollably. He really does love that game. He also loves kissing Sam and Maggie, or any other dog. He refuses to kiss any of his loved ones including Chris or me. He finally got his car seat turned around so he can face forward like the rest of us. I weighed him on the dog scale when we brought Sam to the vet. He weighs about 22 lbs. right now. He enjoys putting up the cordless phone when I finish talking. He has learned 'put it back'. He loves finding things and then me telling him to 'put it back'. He usually listens. He also will find the smallest piece of paper and want to put it in the trash. If he sees me get a Kleenex, he runs for the pantry door so that he can help me throw it in the trash. He has decided that it is super cool to eat on a plate rather than his high chair tray. Sometimes he refuses to eat until I pull out his plate. I wonder where he gets that strong will??? Anyways, he's still such a happy boy and I'm glad to be his Mother.

eating on his plate
CWOW news is pretty exciting. Thank God for...
financing....finally!
3,000 yards of donated dirt
a $10,000 donated tractor
approved plans from the Fire Marshall......in just 2 weeks time!!!!
$10,000 sacrificial offering from our church
building insurance (which was difficult to get and almost shut down the project last week)
We've had so many deadlines, road blocks, problems, delays, etc. since we started this project in January. The only thing that can explain any of it is that this is God's plan. He is in charge and working through the details to make this project happen because its his will, not our own. We are excited to continue to see how God will provide as we gear up for the summer. This Tuesday our foundation will be poured. Please pray for no rain in that area. In 2 weeks we will be building our Outdoor Kitchen on site. Builder's for Christ requires that we build this before the first team arrives in June. It will be used to store, prepare, and serve meals for the 450 volunteers that will serve to build our Community Center this summer. The volunteers purchase and cook their own food, and our part is to provide the furnished kitchen and help clean up after meals. I am so excited to watch the building go up, meet and build relationships with these generous volunteers, and see how God will be made BIG through all of this. We have our official address now. Its 4123 Verot School Rd., (Just South of the 4-way of Verot and the Hwy 92.) so if you're in the area stop by and take a look.

Preston eating corn on the cob at a crawfish boil on Cinco de Mayo
Yall have a good week!
Shell
8 comments:
We had a great time this weekend.
Danielle could be a professional! Those are some beautiful family pictures. I especially love the one of y'all walking away; that is wonderful. Great news to hear about your church too. It will be in our prayers!
What a precious family! Congrats on the good news for the church and Chris' last day of class. Hope to see you guys soon!!!
Great pics! I agree with Carolyn, Danielle took some great shots of you guys. Like your haircut, too. I am in Nashville with MY baby now and I am going to show her Preston's pictures when she wakes up. Congrats on the good news about the church. I will keep all of you and the success of the building in my prayers. Happy belated Mother's Day to you too!
Elaine (NanE)
Hi! Sorry for not responding to the blog. It was as cute and informative as always. Good picture of Danielle and Preston. She so enjoyed it and I am sure Preston enjoyed the snuggling after his nap. Will let you know any news we get.
Love,
Mom
Need to change our blog picture, huh?
Mom
I had so much fun taking ya'lls pictures! I'll do it anytime you need so just ask!
Wonderful pictures.The photographer is good but she had good subjects to work with. Nonna&Papa
Post a Comment