
Well, we just got back from the youth's Summer Retreat at Lake D'Arbonne so I actually have some good pictures worth making a post for. We really enjoyed being away from the daily grind. We went swimming, rode in the boat, played outside, tried to do some fishing, Chris drove the boat and pulled the youth on tubes. We visited with friends from Minden, relaxed, read books.......it was a good vacation. Preston had a blast too. Hope you enjoy all the pics.

Other interesting news:
Sam had her puppies July 2nd! I created a blog that some of you have probably already seen, but here's the address: http://www.lafayettelabs.blogspot.com/
If you know anyone who wants a puppy have them contact me.


When will it ever stop raining?? Seriously this is like the rainiest summer ever. Bad news when you need to build a building!! I think maybe we should have planned to build an ark...

The church building is moving on. We have 4 more weeks of volunteers, then its up to us to put on the finishing touches. A group of youth from North Acres Baptist Church in Minden are coming this weekend to put in some time working on the building. Its amazing how many people have helped us. Its still hard to imagine what it will be like to not be in a space where we don't have to set up and tear down everything week by week.

Jon just had his 20th birthday....Happy Birthday Jon! My parents came to town for the weekend. Mom made some delicious fried chicken (Jon's choice) mashed potatoes, gravy, and fried okra. (I hope your mouth is watering as much as mine is right now). Jay and Dee were here too. So after dinner we played a dirty game of Knock-Out. I felt like I was a teenager again. Then we watched Jon play his new Zelda game. It was actually very interesting to just watch. So we all had fun hanging out.
At Preston's 15 month check-up he was 33 inches tall and 22 lbs. Our tall slim boy. He's still not talking much, but his favorite word is no. He tells himself "no, no" right before he does something he knows he isn't supposed to do. It is nice that he warns me sometimes. He's running around everywhere and still getting into everything. Since we are going to Alaska in September, our goal is to get him to watch some videos before our long flight. After trying lots of different ones, he seems to enjoy Curious George. He does love monkeys. He also loves the puppies. Soon they'll be running around the yard together.
Well, its difficult to type while your 15 month old is destroying the office! I better go.


5 comments:
Nice to see an update! Looks like yall had fun! Hope to see you guys soon...yall thought about going to the DCI show tomorrow night??
Nice post and pictures. I hope we get to go camping for Thanksgiving.
Great post! Such cute pictures! Preston is really growing fast.
Love the pictures and glad Preston is learning to camp. I know he is keeping you busy now but glad he is an active little boy. Nonna&Papa
Life is moving along very quickly now. Preston is sure having fun. LOL! Hope you can keep up. The pups are so cute. Hope everything goes well with them. Was great seeing you guys this weekend.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment