Monday, July 30, 2007

where has the summer gone?

My oh My, It is hard to believe Summer is slipping away.

Chris is not looking forward to going back to school...reading, papers, long classes, long drive.....etc. He's taking Greek along with an extra heavy load this semester. Hopefully, he'll learn it easily.


Our Community Center is still progressing. We'll have our roof finished by Friday, and we've got nearly all the doors and windows in. I need to get some recent pics for you to see. Its pretty exciting. Chris' parents have taken a break for 10 days and are traveling to see Barb's sister, Martha. They haven't had one single day off since this project began. What a well deserved rest! Chris is taking over as Project Manager, giving Mike a break.


Our puppies are sure maturing quickly. They're getting into things. A couple of them tried to eat my Begonias. So, we moved them off of the porch and out into the grass. Hopefully it will stay mostly dry for the next week until they leave for their new homes. If not, they do have a little covering to keep them out of the elements. We've got 5 more puppies to sell: 4 black females and 1 black male. I'm trying not to get attached, but I favor some of the black females, and the male. We're definitely not in a position to own another dog though, so they all must go! They've been keeping me busy with keeping everything clean. I'm sure you understand the amount of mess 10 puppies can produce.


Preston loves the puppies. When I ask him if he wants to check on the puppies, he squeals and runs to the door. We finally got him to watch a little TV. We borrowed the Baby Noah Baby Einstein DVD from a friend, and sure enough he loves it. He loves animals, so I'm glad we figured out something he enjoys watching. He only watches for about 15 minutes, but its a start. He is saying more words, but lots of them sound alike. He will answer any yes or no question by shaking his head, and he's my very good helper. Some of his favorite tasks are throwing away his diaper, finding his cup, finding his shoes, and he just started picking up his toys (major excitement on my end!) He likes wearing anyone's shoes right now. If he sees them, he wants to try them on. He likes listening on the phone, but just giggles when he recognizes the voice on the other end. He loves playing ball with Maggie. Anyways, he still learns something new each day, and its really fun to witness his achievements.



We're going to children's camp this week. Chris is the camp pastor. It should be lots of fun! Hopefully I'll get some good pictures while we're away.



Shell

5 comments:

dontspamjay said...

Great post as usual. Looking forward to seeing the progress on the community center. If you guys have any time available in August maybe we can plan to come visit for a weekend.

Debbie and Mike said...

Can't wait to see you guys this week. Can't wait to see the pups too. So informative. It really helps us keep up.

Mom

Carolyn said...

I always love reading your posts and seeing what all Preston has been up to. What an adventure being pregnant, building a church, chasing a one year old and pregnant too! Makes me tired just reading about it.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Preston's boots!!! Summer really has flown by, I know what you mean. Y'all have a great time at camp! Hope to see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing the new pictures of Preston and the updates on his development. Also the pictures of the pups. Love Nonna