Wednesday, March 12, 2008

chicken pox again???

Hey guys

Thanks for checking in with us. All is well in the Kopp household, finally. Clint came down with the chicken pox since you read our last update. Thankfully, it was an extremely mild case. He's still got a few spots that are going away, but so does Chris. Nasty ole chicken pox. Other than that, things have been going great.
We've all been enjoying the nice weather and staying outdoors whenever we can. Chris is building Preston a swing for the tree as I type, and Preston is watching and narrating from his baby swing. Preston has started asking "what's this?" and he actually asked me "why?" for the first time the other day. He's too smart. Oh, also, he decided he'd try shaving the other day. It didn't turn out too well for him. He snuck into the bathroom and somehow climbed up where he could reach Chris' razor which was on the second shelf in our cabinet above the toilet. Shortly after, he came running into the living room where I was and had blood on his face and hands. (small scare on my part). He has a little cut on his chin and his thumb, and he definitely believes me that "razors are sharp and will cut you." I know I said it a few times to him before, but he had to see for himself. We took a little moment to chat about knives and razors being sharp and cutting, and he agreed that we wouldn't be playing with them anymore. We've introduced the potty chair this week, and almost made the tee-tee in the potty, but it missed. One small step to accomplishing our goal.
Clint is my little sweetheart. He slept all night last night, and I'm hoping this will become the norm. If not, I can live with getting up once during the night for a little longer. He smiles a lot now, and still loves to snuggle. Preston is really sweet with him and asks him "what's the matter?" when he fusses. He's already outgrowing some of his clothes and getting those cute baby rolls on his thighs.
Sam had her puppies about 2 weeks ago. They're super cute. Some of you might not have heard our dreadful news around New Years. Our next door neighbor's nephew's dog jumped the fence and had a little rendevous with Sam. He was visiting for a short time, but at least he was a lab. He's not pure lab so these puppes will be given away for free as soon as they are of age.
Well, I gotta run.
Shell

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update and pictures. What a scary way for Preston to learn "sharp". Poor baby...or should I say, poor mama? Oh, that boy is going to keep you on your toes! Clint is just getting more adorable every time I see him. Glad the chicken pox is leaving your house!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the new post. I kept checking every day. Love Nonna

dontspamjay said...

Nice to have another post. Feel like we haven't seen you guys in awhile. You may want to mention to Preston that electrical outlets will bite you...

Debbie and Mike said...

Forgot to respond the last week. Loved the update and pictures. It was fun visiting last weekend. Can't wait till this weekend. Hope everything goes well for you all week.

Mom