Well, we almost made it through last week without anything interesting happening, or should I say without Mr. Mischief getting creative. It was Thursday night, and we had frozen pizza on the menu. I turned the oven on to begin heating, and waited for my knight in shining armor to arrive home with our magnificient frozen meal. He arrives and is grateful that I've got the oven ready to cook our pizza because we're all starving. But what should we find in the oven as we open it to place our pizza inside...Shell's shoes. "Oh-Mi-Goodness" we exclaim as Chris removes them with oven mitts and throws them out the back door. I couldn't smell them burning, and Chris smelled something unusal as he entered the house, but he shrugged off the notion that something may be burning when he learned I had heated the oven.
Yes, my shoes shrunk. Yes, Preston has put things in the oven before, I just usually remember to check before turning it on. Yes, I will be getting a new pair of shoes sometime soon. Just another fun day in the Kopp household.

In other news: Clint is 2 months old and weighing in at around 13 lbs. He likes to stand up, and is still such a content baby. He had his first road trip this past weekend and was a terrific traveler. He has met all of his great grandparents minus one which he will meet this weekend. He's smiling and talking a lot now. I included some pics of Preston on his new swing. He thinks its pretty awesome. Chris actually took a day off today since he had no classes and did some woodworking. He's working on building a chair for the patio. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Preston is turning 2 next weekend. He's excited about his birthday party, but I think he's confused that we are going to someone else's because every time we get in the car he asks me if we're going to a birthday party. He'll figure it out soon enough. We should have some good pics of the event in the next post. We hid some eggs for him Sunday after church, and after a long nap, and he had the best time finding them. I really wasn't sure how much he would enjoy it. Last week we brought him to see Horton hears a Who. He thought he was big stuff sitting in a chair by himself and snacking on popcorn and coke.




5 comments:
We're ready for the party this weekend.
This is a wonderful post. I love the pictures and of course, the news is always interesting. I will find out tonight if I am going all the way to Alice to get Mom or just meet half way. Either way I am going down and back.
Love,
Mom
What a funny story about the shoes! His swing looks like loads of fun...I hope Preston has a great birthday!!!!
Aunt D, Great story and wonderful pictures!!!!
I love your posts...it's so much fun to read what the latest thing is that Preston has gotten into. Happy Birthday Preston!
Carolyn
Post a Comment