Monday, July 28, 2008

Ups and Downs


Preston caught his first toad. He was so proud!



Yes, he was eating grass.




Hey gang


So we've had some ups and downs lately around here. Starting with, we had our Chisler Family Reunion 2 weeks ago. It was a blast. Some of the family were unable to make it, and then Nonna and Papa rushed home after the first night. Nonna was having a gall stone attack. She had the surgery to have it removed just a few days later, and is doing well but still recovering at home. So, we didn't hardly get to spend much time with them. Then Danielle's wedding ring went missing. We determined its at the bottom of Lake Claiborne's swimming area after a long search. We had all been tossing around a football when it must have gone flying off her finger. (So, would any of my readers in that area like to do a search with a metal detector. I'm sure there would be a reward.) Oh, I also forgot to mention our AC went out in our Explorer on the way up. Thank goodness we were able to find a Wal-Mart and get some coolant in it. Chris saved the day...and my rotten attitude about being too hot! We enjoyed some games, hiking, tubing, skiing, and knee boarding. We're already looking forward to the next one.


The day after we got home I had oral surgery. Not something I would recommend to you. Lots of you have heard about my tooth being knocked out when I was 6. Well, that same tooth formed a cyst around the top of the tooth, got infected, and the root canal seal was no longer sealed. So my gums were cut about 7 teeth acorss, the cyst removed, infection cleaned out, the top 1/3 of my tooth cut off, and the seal repaired on the root canal. Ouch! Chris said I did and said some pretty funny things while Iwas recovering from the sedation. I really don't remember hardly anything about that day, or the next few days since I was heavily medicated. I sure did eat a lot of ice cream though. Recovery was much more horrible than expected, but I finally could see and feel some improvement around the fifth day after surgery. I am 100% now, just won't be eating a hamburger or corn on the cob for a while. Thanks to both moms who helped take care of the boys, and Chris who took care of me. Preston got used to watching a lot of TV since I was on the couch for 5 days, and I think he's glad we're back to our normal routine of activity.


We've set a move in date for the CWOW Community Center. Its September 7th. We plan to have a "Labor of Love" Ministry event September 6th doing as many ministry events as possible around Lafayette. We have a LOT of work to do to be ready for this, but we're pushing and stretching ourselves to be ready.


Chris and I are about to purchase a new truck for Chris. Hooray! Its a 2002 Dodge Dakota Club Cab. We have an excellent deal and were planning on getting a truck in the next few months anyways.


Clint is 6 months old!! We go for his check up tomorrow, so I'll have the updates for the next post. Preston is a very good big brother and likes to keep tabs on Clint. Both my boys are such a joy and blessing. I love them so much.


I've finally updated the web album, so check there for lots more pictures of the boys.
http://picasaweb.google.com/shell.kopp


Until next time,


Shell

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like yall have been busy! I'm glad you're feeling better, I bet that was rough. The boys are getting so big and so handsome!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see a new post. Sounds like you had a rough time and I am glad that is all behind you. The boys are really growing. Can't wait to go check out he new pictures in the web album.
Elaine (NanE)

dontspamjay said...

If you're still feeling the itch for ice cream... the Southern Blackberry Cobbler is out now...

We've been having run of bad luck lately too, but it's good to see you're about over yours...

Anonymous said...

Love your posts and the pictures of the boys. I can't believe how fast Clint is changing. Love Nonna

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, it sounds like you all have had a rough couple of weeks, with a few highlights...I'm glad your feeling better, and next time, let me know you're having surgery so I can pray extra hard for ya! Linsey

Anonymous said...

As always enjoyed your update!! Sounds like you had an eventful reunion. Two very cute special boys!!! Glad you are doing OK. love ya Aunt D

Anonymous said...

I had heard about all the reunion drama from your mom - but I'm glad the good outweighed the bad. Sounds like you're back on the mend...that was a rough surgery! Thank goodness for grandmas and husbands, huh?
Love, Mrs. Carolyn

Debbie and Mike said...

I left a message for this the other day, but I guess it didn't go through. The blog was great and to the point on the reunion. I think mine was a little less interesting. Thanks for the pics. Did you see the web album?
Have a good week!

Love,
Mom