

Well, life continues to be interesting around here, and I hope that comment isn't understodd to be a complaint. I wouldn't change a thing about life around here. I'm blessed with a terrific family. My husband loves and cherishes me every day, and my boys bring joy and laughter...and challenges to our home. I've got a roof over my head, and food in my frig. My church family takes care of us and looks out for us. And I've got a Jesus to serve that's bigger and more important than anything I can imagine. So, yes, life is good.


Preston has been finding answers to very important questions lately. He, of course, is interested in his little brother and asks me all kinds of questions. But, lately, he's been performing his little experiments to find his own outcomes and answers. Like, how long does it take to pull all the dental floss out of the container? What can I do with 300 wet Q-tips? What does it feel like to squeeze a bottle of baby lotion on my entire body? What does Mommy think about me wanting to tee-tee outside in the driveway in the nude? How does an egg spill on the floor if I only poke my thumb through the egg shell rather than crushing it on the floor? Can Clint fit inside my toy wheel barrow, and does he like it? These are just a few Prston experiments we've endured lately.


Preston is getting pretty tall and looks more like 3 than 2. He talks all the time, and is constantly asking, "Mommy what's this?" followed by "How it works?". He's learned to do lots of things "all by I-self" like putting on pajamas and opening the car door.

Clint is my verbal child. He loves to sing, make noises in general, and pretend to read books. He's so cute. He's cruising along the furniture and beginning to get into things like his older brother. He likes to empty the trash cans and eat any debris off the floor. He's also insisting on eating table food, but I can still get him to eat some baby food. He is also getting tall.

I am so excited our fall weather is here. We're really been enjoying the temperatures AND the football season. Preston and I just got matching Romo jerseys (thanks Mom and Dad). Yes, we like the Saints too, but the Cowboys are our favorite. We've been to the park pretty regularly and been taking lots of walks.
Church life is great. We're enjoying the CC (Community Center). Still no word on when we'll have use of the whole building though. We continue to grow in number and maturity. We even had our first Membership class. We've been able to do several ministry projects out in the community since the hurricanes, and we're also starting some new ministries within the church.

Chris and I have been interested in flipping houses for a few years now, and have looked forward for the right opportunity to show itself. We put an offer on a house this week and are still working on a final price. Chris and I are hoping we'll be able to close the deal soon.
Well, nap time is over so this update is now finished!
Love to you all
Shell
6 comments:
What a great post! I can't believe I'm the first to comment (gotcha Jay!) This was the perfect ending to a long day so thanks for all the great picks!
Dee
You did get me D, but you also misspelled "pics". ;)
Great post and very funny stories. It seems like forever since we've seen you. I'm going to call you when I get a chance and try to setup a time to get together.
Jay
Yay, I'm the first non-family member to comment! :) Great pics - understandable, considering the subjects! And delightful stories about the kids, as usual. I can't believe how much Preston has changed in just the few weeks since I last saw him. I love Clint's expression in that photo where he's leaning on the dishwasher door. Priceless!
Carolyn
Well, it has been a busy morning, so I am 4th on the list of people to see this blog and I knew about it early. The pics are good. Those boys are growing so fast. It is amazing how fast Clint has moved from crawling to standing and wanting to walk. He does love to clap his hands, too. His face is so animated.
Enjoyed our short visit. It was great to just all sit and visit.
Love,
Mom
Ah, dental floss is a favorite at our house too, and q-tips fit great in ears and noses! Sounds like y'all's house is a lot like ours, there is always something going on!
Great pics- we've been enjoying this great weather too! Thinking about taking the boys tent camping soon. Good luck with the house- I bet that's gonna be a blast!
Post a Comment