Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Its been hairy!

Hi!!!


Oh goodness...lots been goin on around here. Its been a little hairy from evacuating from Gustav, moving into the Community Center, and the usual craziness that makes up our daily life. I guess I'll hit the highlights and move on to the few photos I've taken time to snap lately.


  • We evacuated to Minden in preparations for Gustav heading ashore. Thankfully, we experienced the best case scenario for weathering the storm. We lost half of one tree in the back yard, which was somewhat expected since we lost part of it in a tornado a few months back weakening the trunk. So we actually still have one little part of the tree stills standing, but we do plan to take it down soon. The half that came crashing down actually landed on the house and the power line to the house. The house wasn't damaged and LUS cut the tree off the line and restored power before we arrived home. We had some other limbs down from our big oak, but other than that we were blessed and spared. We did have a blast visiting old friends in Minden, and we made it over to Kilgore to see my grandparents for lunch one day.


  • We have officially begun having services in the Community Center. Woo-hoo!!! It was strange not going to the school Sunday morning. There was a wonderful spirit in the church people. Everyone was excited and overjoyed. Due to some mistakes made by our architect in writing up the plans, we are delayed in completing the back half of the building (it contains all our children's classrooms). We have a little issue with some doors, but have everything else ready besides lacking some cleaning and polishing of floors. We plan to hear from the architect soon and have a plan for being able to use all our space shortly. CWOW is used to being flexible and making do with what we've been given, so that's what we're doing. I'll be sure to announce our big plans of our Grand Opening once we get set on a date. I wish I had some pics to share, but maybe I'll get some this coming Sunday.


  • Preston and Clint are doing well. Clint is getting into things, and standing up all the time. I think he'd like to skip crawling and go straight to walking because he stands more than he crawls. He is our super sweet baby and always happy. Preston is Preston, or P as we've started calling him. Mr. P is adventurous as always and finding new things to get in trouble with. He recently broke Chris' copier he uses to make the Sunday bulletins. He knows how to turn it on, feed the papers in and catch them on the other side after pushing the correct button, so he decided to see if he could copy a key. Big mistake, broken copier, and mad Daddy. He also has no light fixture in his room after I found it on the floor 3x. I don't know how he got it off, or why it is still in one piece....but he was very upset that I took it away. Oh, and I nearly forgot...Preston spent his first weekend with Honey and Pop. We decided to try it out, and I don't think he missed us one bit. He still talks about going to the children's museum and playing with Pop. I'm sure he can't wait to visit Houston again.


Love and Blessings

Shell

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you survived Gustav with minimal damage. Congrats on moving into the new building. I know you must all be very excited. The boys are cute as ever and growing like "weeds"! I think P is just a regular little boy, with lots of energy to use up. Keep up the great blogs. Hope to see you soon.
Elaine (aka NanE)

dontspamjay said...

Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend. Thanks for the blog post and pictures.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see a new post and the pictures. Hope you didn't get any bad weather this weekend. Love Nonna

Anonymous said...

Great new post! Fun stories, as usual, and, of course, two adorable little boys! Congrats on the new building!
Love,
Carolyn

dontspamjay said...

Great post, as always. I just noticed the picture of Clint in his towel; i think you've posted one of Preston in the same pose. Too cute!

Danielle