Friday, May 01, 2009

Hi!!
So what have you been up to lately? We've had a lot going on since our last post. I guess I'll start with an update on the boys.

Clint is 15 months old now, can't hardly believe it! At his check up he weighed 1 oz. shy of 24 pounds, and is 33" tall. All is well. At his last ophthalmologist appointment we found out that his hemangioma above his right eye is shrinking. We are very thankful for and excited about that. But, we also learned that he needs glasses. So, we've been calling around and I've visited a couple of places without him to scope out the options. Hopefully, he'll have a pair in the next week or so. I have no doubts that he will definitely be THE cutest baby you have ever seen in glasses, so we'll make a special post about it. Clint, well, all of us, started learning some sign language this week. Preston and I have learned about 20-25 words, and Clint has learned more, eat, please, thank you, and all done. More is his favorite, of course! He is talking a lot, although we sometimes don't understand his long strings of gibberish. Its very funny to listen to him though. He can also make some animal noises, dog is his favorite. Today I heard him singing, which isn't unusual, but I could clearly tell it was the ABC s. He is climbing lots of things now, but still exhibits some caution while climbing. We are thankful for that.



Preston is such a preschooler now. He thinks he is so much older/bigger than Clint and enjoys being his boss most days. We remind him that he is not the momma. He would spend all day outside if I would let him, and some days I do! We have planted some sweet potatoes, strawberries, one tomato plant, and some herbs and flowers. Preston checks on their progress daily and gives me a report. He's also decided he needs to pick the Hibiscus flowers for me, and I'm okay with it since the blooms don't last much more than a day anyways. So, we've got no blooms on the plant itself, but I've got lots in my kitchen! He has finally decided he can enjoy writing/drawing. I am surprised at his skill level since he has never really been interested in it before. I got him a Magnadoodle with some birthday money hoping it would spark his interest. He loves it. I asked him if he could draw me a smiley face (I was changing Clint's diaper and trying to keep him busy), and he did. So then I drew a letter P for him, and he drew one too. Little genius. Maybe he has been practicing secretly. So the picture below is a letter P, but then he felt the need to turn it into a person.
The other day, I saw the following on my wall. He wrote it (its a P if you can't see it), cut it out, and taped it all by himself. He still gets frustrated and uninterested easily because he "missed it" which means he messed up. I guess he has a little bit of perfection in all that chaos that we normally see.

Preston really enjoyed Easter this year. He learned about the resurrection and loved hunting for eggs. We went to Eggstavaganzoo at the Acadiana Zoo, and he got to hunt eggs and play some games for free prizes. It was a lot of fun. The highlight of that trip was probably the train ride. On our previous visit, it was broken. We had Easter dinner at Chris' parents house, and hunted some eggs indoors to stay dry.



Preston had decorated a bunny cake during the week with Barb, and we ate it Easter day.




Above: Clint with his goofy grandpa-with-no-teeth face! Below: Father son reunion. The boys sure missed Chris, and I did too, while we spent the weekend in Houston. We all went for a couple of days, but Chris came home for the weekend. He had planned to replace all the trim on Mom and Dad's house, but a 2 day rain storm changed his plans. He was able to get some work done, but still has about 1/2 left. We stayed the weekend and went to a family reunion in York town, TX. Its near Victoria. Remember the already mentioned rainstorm, well, we drove in it. When we got out to the ranch, some of the creeks were flowing over the roads at about 12" deep, so we took a round-about way of getting there. It rained most of the day so we stayed indoors or under the patio until later in the day. The boys got all wet and had a blast discovering lots of things. Before we had to leave, Jay and I got to take Preston on one of the Rhinos to explore the ranch. I had fun driving, and I think Preston enjoyed the adventure. He was so tired he looked like he might have fallen asleep at any moment. We had a really good time visiting with lots of distant family that we don't see on a regular basis.
Preston has been wearing his hand-me-down cowboy boots everywhere recently. It produces quite the fashion statement. As you know, Clint tries to do everything Preston does, so here's Clint stomping around in the boots.
Chris cut down the rest of our Bradford pear tree that was in the backyard. Then he rented a stump grinder, which left the mess seen below. He ended up bagging the saw dust, filling the hole with dirt, and planting grass seed. We've got a lovely green patch growing there now. Preston was determined to help with the project, but clean-up was the only step that wasn't too dangerous for him. Unfortunately, for me, it was the dirtiest. He had a blast though.




The new library is finally open, and we've enjoyed taking walks to the library for new books and movies. Chris is looking forward to the end of his semester. He's busy with end of the semester papers and projects. After his summer break he'll have one more semester, and then in the spring he'll take 2 mini-mesters (week long workshops) and be finished! Hooray!!! We're still not sure if he'll walk at the December or May graduation, but we'll keep everyone informed as we go.

4 comments:

Jay said...

Excellent post. Preston had such a good time...

Debbie and Mike said...

Nice long post. Lots of things have gone on. I guess this means I really need to get mine updated too. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend.

Mom

Linsey said...

It looks like you all had a ton of stuff going on! I love reading your blog by the way!! You do such a great job!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Your mom told me you had a new one weeks ago, but I just now remembered to check it out. Love all the pictures and updates! Clint has to be absolutely the cutest kid in glasses that I have ever seen.
Carolyn