
We have snow in the forecast, and I really hope its gonna happen. Mom says its snowing in Katy right now. Preston is excited about the possibility of snow. Those who live in the North may scoff or laugh at our giddiness over snow, but its more special when it might only happen once a year!
Thanksgiving was a blast. It was a restful week for us, and much needed after a busy month! We visited Shane and Jeannine in Minden. Chris went deer hunting, and then Wednesday we headed over to Kilgore. We saw my grandparents, parents, cousins, brothers, and my great Aunt. It was a treat to see her. Then Friday before we left town we saw more friends. We had a quick breakfast with Monica and Lewis, and then met Linsey and Chris at a park. We let the kids play and got to catch up a little. It was so special to see this many family and friends this time of year and to see and hear that they are all doing so well.
Claire driving Preston around.
Claire driving Preston around.
Preston picking left over bell peppers. He had so much fun doing this!
Bucket full o peppers
The boys really enjoyed playing with Austin all evening. They don't get to see each other very often.
We are enjoying the Christmas season so far. I'm looking forward to CWOW's Christmas Pageant and Candlelight Service. It'll be our first, and I'm excited that Preston has a part in the play. He is a shepherd, but has no speaking part. He's done well at the practices, and is working hard to learn the Christmas songs. Clint is so cute...we mention that a lot around our house. I didn't realize he was picking up the Christmas carols as Preston and I have been practicing them. I should have known. He's our little singer and dancer. His favorite is "Away In a Manger". I have tried to capture it on video, and haven't been too successful so far. It is so sweet tho!
A couple of nights ago we went to Jon's playoff game (flag football). The boys were really excited, and we were too even though it was cold and wet. Preston had a hard time finding Jon on the field. Clint kept telling me to watch them run. He was more into it than P, which we weren't surprised about. The boys lasted until half time, which was past their bedtime, so we headed home.
Clint had his first night in Preston's room on the bottom bunk last night. He did fine, its Preston we have to watch. It must be extremely exciting for him. He gotten in trouble several times already for bothering Clint.


1 comment:
Look, I get to be first to comment. Miracles happen. If it was for Dad I wouldn't have seen it till tomorrow.
Great post and I love the pics. Nice to know Clint did so well on the bunk bed. He is a cutie! Hope you catch him singing so we can see it.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment