Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Fun

Playing hide-and-seek, which sometimes just turns into hide-from-mommy






one of the few days our yard has been dry enough for outdoor play


It looks like they're thinking 'Mom can you please stop taking our picture so we can play...its been days since we've been out here?!'


This pic represents a proud moment if you can understand Preston's personality. He actually went and sat and completely created this Mr. Potato Head by himself from start to finish. The big part was...he finished. He's usually not into tedious play like this.

The boys have enjoyed helping bake cookies this year, and they were actually really good helpers. We've baked cookies for Christmas Caroling and for some of our neighbors and friends...and a few for ourselves too! The Christmas Pageant was wonderful. The children did very well, and we were all so proud of them for their hard work and dedication. Preston was very interested in the microphone, which was only added for this performance, and in his defense I never told him NOT to touch it. I guess he thought he was supposed to sing straight into it, but it was actually for the group of shepherds to use. He definitely isn't afraid of being on stage or performing. We took excellent video, but this is the only shot I got of him before the performance.



We built a Gingerbread House with Barb. Preston ate the candy as fast as he could, and what he didn't eat he did use to decorate. Clint mostly ate the candy off that Preston put on. Let's just say I don't think I'll be eating it with them after seeing how much spit went into it.

Not bad decorating for a 3 and 1 year old.


Jon wanted to have some fun with the boys, and they decided on Kart Ranch. I didn't have any plans, so I tagged along too. The boys are still talking about it. I think we all had a blast!

My lil fruit and vegetable washers...

We'll be making our Blake or Cara announcement here on Christmas Day, so check back soon!

3 comments:

Debbie and Mike said...

Don't know when you had time to do this, but it is much appreciated. I really love the assortment of pictures and can't wait to see the video of the Christmas pageant. Really appreciate the time you took on this. You do it soooo well.

Mom

Anonymous said...

What a great post! Like your mom said, I don't know how you have time to do it, but it is so great that you catch all these memories and put them down into words and pictures. The boys are growing up so fast...getting ready to be big brothers to little Blake or Cara. Can't wait for the announcement!
Mrs. Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I am glad it is almost Christmas so you will make your announcement about the new baby. We got your Christmas card today and were glad to get the picture to put on the refrigerator. Love Nonna