Chris graduated May 15th from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary with a Masters of Divinity. We are so proud of him. It took 5 long years of hard work, but he made it!!!


Lots of our precious family traveled to be a part of our big weekend of celebration. Even Chris' brother Greg and his family made it down from Alaska. (Unfortunately, my camera didn't get passed around for that side of the family pic...can someone please send me a copy??).
I told her that her Daddy finished his last class and we're goin to NOLA for graduation!While in NOLA we hit up the Aquarium with the kiddos and Greg's family. It was really fun! Chris and I (and Cara) were able to do dinner one night while Chris' parents watched the boys at the hotel. Then we went to one of his professor's house where I was able to meet his classmates from this past year. There were 7 NOBTS students selected for a pilot study doing problem based learning, and the group established some wonderful friendships. I was glad to finally put faces with names and also meet some of the other student's wives. We attended a reception and breakfast on campus and then finally the graduation ceremony. It was a truly meaningful ceremony and a wonderful conclusion to 5 years of hard work. After our weekend in NOLA, we had a party inviting everyone in Lafayette to help us celebrate. Craig and Donna Kimball did our catering and we were able to also have the party at their restaurant. We had lots of family and friends come to help us celebrate. It was such a wonderful weekend of celebration!





4 comments:
Thank you for taking time to do these wonderful posts.
The picture of Chris with his diploma is awesome. Wish I had some of those chicken salad sandwiches. Need Craig's recipe.
Cara looks pretty excited about her trip to NO.
Congratulations to Chris...and to you too Michelle. I know that must have been a long hard road, but you made it! Looked like an awesome party. Hope to see Miss Cara (I think she looks like Clint) real soon. NanE/Elaine
Post a Comment