Thursday, September 16, 2010

Two silly munchkins

I'm sure most people are in the same boat as me. We think our kids are funny. Well, check this out...
Clint asked me to take pictures of him. Above is his silly face. Below is his crazy face. Aaaahhhh...my silly Clintaroo. This morning he told me he was doing magic. He was turning Cara into a princess. At lunch he told me when he grows up he's going to love coffee just like me.

My favorite memory of the boys right now is this exchange while we're driving...
Let me set the scene: Clint removes his sandals and is playing with his feet.
Clint: EEew! My foot stinks! Preston, my foot stinks!
Preston: Oh, it does?
Clint: Yeah, yeah. Here smell it!
Preston gets a big wiff.
Preston: Eeewww! Clint's foot stinks!
Clint: Let's smell my other one. Pee-yoo! This one stinks too. Smell it Preston!
Preston again gives another sniff and confirms it definitely is stinky.
About 10 seconds of silence pass before...
Clint: Preston lets smell your feet!!!

Cara continues to change so quickly! The week after she mastered sitting, she mastered the transition from laying down to sitting. I am expecting her to crawl any day now. She rocks on her hands and knees a lot, and takes turns moving each limb, but can't seem to get them all coordinated into a crawl. So close! I've seen those baby cages (like this) but never really understood why someone would need to use one. I finally understand how they can be helpful. I'm about to be even busier keeping Cara out of the boy's room and away from their toys that they strew all over the house. I'm sure I'll find a good solution. Cara has also started drooling...I mean teething. ;) This silly girl loves her toes! I caught her leaning over to suck them while playing in her bed as seen below.

Proof that the silly munchkins can also be sweet and adorable...
Jon visited the other day during the boy's nap and Cara enjoyed having his full attention. She's not spoiled at all! ;)

4 comments:

Debbie and Mike said...

Love this. The boys are always so funny and have some really interesting conversations. Love the pictures of the kids including Uncle Jon! I just happened to check the blog.....so glad I did.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I love the new pics - little Clint is so funny! Sounds like Preston is the serious older brother now. Cara really is growing up fast and I was surprised at how much she looks like Clint now. Thanks for the update!
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update. We really enjoy the pictures and reports about you sweet family. It makes me want to see them in person. Love Nonna

dontspamjay said...

I would love to teach Clint to do the crazy face for pictures from now on...