Monday, August 08, 2011

Clintaroo

Clint has the best smiles and hugs. Yes, I am biased, but we hear that from a lot of other people too. Clint tells everybody, "I have a little sister named Cara." Its funny because, he even told this to my brother Jon on the phone. I guess he thinks its his job to inform everyone that he has a sister he is proud of. The other night at dinner, Clint says, "Preston, you're a marshmallow farmer!" He is trying to figure out name calling, but he just doesn't have it yet. Ha ha!
Clint made red rice crispy treats for church last week. YUM!


Clint's glasses are on their last leg. They got lost the week we started unpacking things when the barge got here. Then we found them after a week of searching. Then they broke. Chris managed to weld them together so he can wear them, but I hope they last til the end of the month when we are getting new ones. My handy dandy husband also got old nose pieces off of a spare pair of cousin's glasses, and put them on Clint's. Welcome to working with what ya got when ya live in the bush. Isn't my hubby amazing?



Some of you might remember Clint and I had an eye exam back in May with a traveling doctor that came to Galena. They sent off the prescriptions to get filled at a store in Fairbanks, and we never heard from them. So after our 6 week long vacation with an eye doctor around every corner, we get home and I call to find out something was 'wrong' with the prescription and we weren't getting any glasses. How wonderful. And I'm not even sure what it means that it was wrong. So, we are traveling to Anchorage at the end of the month for an eye exam and glasses for Clintaroo. And, yes, we are buying 2 pairs so we'll be prepared!!

Not only do we get to see a pediatric opthamologist (since Clint has that hemangioma by his eye that's supposed to be monitored at least til he's 5) but we'll get to see a pediatric cardiologist as well. Our doctor in Galena found a heart murmur at his 3 yr old check up back in March, and during his exam 2 weeks ago, it sounded louder, so she'd like us to get an evaluation by a cardiologist. So, thank goodness for Denali Kid Care! It covers Clint's exams, travel, and food plus one adult to accompany him (that would be me). That's a pretty big deal when you fly to get to your specialist! We'll be in town for a few days, and are hoping to have some fun too. Maybe a movie or the Imaginarium or something.

2 comments:

Debbie and Mike said...

Clint is such a hoot!! Hope the glasses do make it. New ones will be so nice.

dontspamjay said...

I think Clint would look good with a monocle.