Monday, December 24, 2012

Reasons to be excited!

 The kids hard at work

We finished up our last day of school this past Friday.  Hooray for Christmas break!  The kids are excited to have an agenda of all fun and no school work!  I must say, I am pretty excited too! 
 The boys eager to help carry out the goodies from the post office.

We have been doing a lot of this the last few weeks, and thank-yous are in order to some of you reading this now because you sent the packages.  Thank you! Its always exciting to get packages and special cards in the mail, no matter your age!  The kids get all excited about getting packages and taking them home where they get deposited in my bedroom until they pass inspection.  Its usually presents which means they don't get to see what it is inside.  But then they get all excited again when the gift gets wrapped and introduced to life under the Christmas tree.
 Cara helped too!
We've also been excited to eat cookies and special treats (more on this later).  I was invited to a ladies Christmas party and we were each to bring our favorite cookies and the recipe to share.  So I made Molasses cookies because we really like them and I only make them once a year.  Well, its easy to have good reason and describe these cookies as small, which then gives you permission to eat more of them.  I guess I should confess to you that I did eat about 12 (not that I was counting, just estimating) while I was baking them, but it takes a long time to bake the whole recipe, and that warm fresh Molasses cookie smell was lingering around, and I also decided eating 2 small cookies was like eating 1 medium sized cookie.  Also, I have had Chris refer to them as cookie chips.  12 chips isn't so bad. Okay, okay, anywho the cookies turned out delicious and we are still enjoying them. Hope you get to eat some yummy cookies this Christmas season!

3 comments:

papa and nonna said...

Thank you for posting. We so enjoy reading them and seeing the pictures.

Barbara Kopp said...

Love all the pictures! Thanks so much for keeping us up on the kids activities and we can see how much they are growing!!

Debbie and Mike said...

I am just getting caught up on the posts. They are really good and I love the pics. We have had strong winds and lots of artillery shells going off he past two nights. None tonight so maybe I can sleep tonight. Hoe to be able to visit some tomorrow sometime.