Monday, December 24, 2012
A Nativity
My kiddos had been playing with our nativity set when I hear, "Hey you can't take baby Jesus out of the manger. Can we please take him out?" Its a small wooden set and the baby is glued into the manger. I said he must stay in, much to their dismay. But, I did suggest they could use one of Cara's babies and play with it like its Jesus. They immediately dashed away to find one and get started. Then, I disappeared upstairs, probably to cook dinner while they were engrossed in their productive playtime. A while later, Preston comes excitedly upstairs asking if I can please, please come see their nativity set. This is what I found! An angel, Mary, baby Jesus (he's in the pink blanket) and Joseph. They are showing off the modest stable built out of our 2 chairs downstairs turned over, many pillows and blankets, and the coffee table on its side as the back wall. They were also singing Joy to the World. You can also see the star (or lantern hanging in the window). All by themselves. I guess they sure are growing up. It was so fun to be surprised with this and see my precious kiddos soaking up that Jesus is the reason to celebrate this season, no matter what is going on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is a very good Christmas present to know they understand the reason we celebrate Christmas.
Too sweet. They have always been able to create things they want to show. Talented little ones.
Post a Comment