Monday, December 24, 2012

Winter musings

 Cold Cold has set in here in Galena.  Life goes on.  Yes, we wish we could be in Hawaii as some residents of Galena are during this cold spell, but alas it is not to be.  We've been having fun anyways doing different things.  Cara was given a special treat (in the mail) from my dear friend Jamie.  Hello Kitty cupcake kit!  We saved it for a special time and really enjoyed doing this together.  She is quite the little cake decorator for a 2 year old.  She laid out all the sprinkles and flags and carefully placed some on each cake.  She was so proud!  We actually brought them to church potluck so she could share with all her friends.
 Cara's hair is getting really long! I've been practicing french braiding (which Cara and I both enjoy), and this picture shows how the braid survived after a day of donning full winter gear a couple of times, a day of rough play, and a nap.  I'd say it stayed in pretty well.
 Ha ha!  Clint had a nose bleed, but this picture was just hilarious so I shared it so you could laugh.  He always makes us laugh.
 We put our little artificial tree up and the kids decorated it for us.  They are fantastic decorators.
 This picture was taken while Amanda was staying with us and Chris had gone to Louisiana.  I think most of you also read Chris' blog, (click here if not).  Paw Paw Kopp passed away, and he is greatly missed, but wonderfully remembered!  Chris was able to preach the funeral and be with his family, and for that we are grateful. We loved having Amanda with us, and they set up this little king's court one afternoon.  I just had to take a picture.  Preston is the King. Cara, the Queen.  Amanda and Clint are the Royal Guard.  I love my creative kiddos! 
Preston made his crown out of an old cardboard canister I stopped using...and didn't need for further use.  Ha!  He so loves creating things.  I'm pretty sure I was never this creative ever in my life, definitely less now.  Anywho, I didn't help him one bit.  He has been in a great creating mood the last few weeks.  The treasures around my house have multiplied exponentially during this season.