Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The First Cold snap of the season


We had a terrific Thanksgiving day this year. We had three guests, RAs from the dorm. Our meal was fantastic and we had a great time visiting and relaxing. That weekend the temps dropped and we got to find out how our newly repaired home would handle the extreme cold. We found out we had a problem with the downstairs bathroom freezing. A pipe busted and water got the bathroom and part of Cara's room wet. It was a major bummer for our day, but I'm grateful I have such a great husband that was able to repair the pipe and get our water back on. I was also really grateful we had all the plumbing parts he needed to do it. (Chris has since then repaired the reason this happened in the first place and everything is functioning as it should.) It was sad to see Cara's closet wall opened up after seeing the demolished downstairs all fall. I was ready to kiss those days good-bye!  But we left the wall open for a few weeks making sure the problem was fixed. Cara's room was a mess from emptying her closet contents all over the room and adding tools and supplies to the mess. She slept in the office for a couple of weeks, but she was a good sport about it. 


Later that evening we were able to keep our promise of pizza making and tree decorating with the kids, much to everyone's delight!



I love decorating the tree because it brings back so many fun memories to talk about and share with the kids. 

We let the kids decorate the downstairs tree, and when we cut down a real tree closer to Christmas and put it upstairs, I'm in charge of decorating that one. 





These three are some terrific kiddos!









1 comment:

Debbie and Mike said...

Been watching daily for an update. Nice. Love seeing pics of everyone. Just took all of the old pics off of Nanny's digital picture frame and got her last b-day pics on it and other stuff we did while y'all were here. Danielle helped out with the pics she took. I didn't even get to see them before we left on her trip home thus morning. She loves having all new pics though.