Monday, February 17, 2014

Pics from Christmas


Every year for the Kids Club Christmas party we go caroling and then eat special treats while hearing the story of Jesus birth. This year the weather cooperated with those plans, and I made some cupcakes and then let the kids decorate. It's their favorite part!  Well, sharing them with friends might tie for their favorite part. 



When I have helpers in the kitchen for baking, this is what they always look like. 
I let each one of the kids bake something special with me. Cara made brownies with cranberries. Preston made molasses cookies. Clint made cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. 


Waking up Christmas morning with some milk coffee. 



Clint was humming while icing our cinnamon rolls, a happy cook. 


The kids each picked out a gift for Chris. Our buying means we place an amazon order, so we miss out on the hustle of being in stores, and we enjoy the anticipation of waiting for it in the mail. Oh yeah, baby, trips to the post office are wrought with excitement and suspense. 



Preston is an artist at heart. He made me this mom crown as my gift. The pic makes it look a little off, but it says M-heart-M. He did a really good job!


The temperature dropped for Christmas to about -50, so it was the perfect encouragement to play with the kids and relax....Inside. Our van was needing some repairs and we didn't have anywhere we had to go, so we hunkered down and invited friends over Christmas evening for games and to hang out. 





We got Cara-boo a new bed for a gift. She had definitely outgrown her toddler bed. First night in the new bed.  She was pretty excited!


Continuing the rest and relax motto the next couple of days, we played, explored some new wii games, and watched some new movies. You can see the kids got comfy on the floor. Chris and I got ourselves a TV to us, from us, With love. We still don't have cable, but its nice to be able to watch a movie again. The cold weather was just what we needed to bring on some restful days. -50 ended up being a blessing in disguise. 




Clint got a Make Your own Gum kit, so we tried it out!  He was so proud, and excited for everyone to try some. 




















1 comment:

Debbie and Mike said...

I so love seeing all of these pictures! Looks like Christmas was lots of fun. It is so nice that they all love to cook and work in the kitchen. Love seeing all of the Christmas gifts. Didn't realize just how much they liked their science experiments. A picture IS worth a thousand words. Was the gum good? I know Clint loves gum. And the didn't think Preston's science stuff would be that big. I hope he is still enjoying it....or has he done all of the experiments already. Looks like no one will be growing out of their sleeping bags for a while. Love the picture of sweet Sam laying with Clint and Cara. Love Cara's bed and the bedding set. So pretty and her baby is sweet! Have y'all gotten cable yet? Never thought to ask about that. Having the new tv is great no matter what. Cara also got a sweet looking Hello Kitty robe. I'm sure she likes that. Does your cowboy still like being a cowboy? He's looking good in the picture. I'm thinking Preston might need a mad scientist outfit. He is such the artist. He has always loved discovering and making things. Artistic he is! Love your Mom crown! It says everything! So many pictures I haven't seen. Glad I am getting to see them. Thanks! Love you guys!