Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Preston's Play-doh



Preston made his first play-doh recently. I've been wanting to do it for a while, and we finally got around to it. He is excellent help in the kitchen and enjoys measuring and mixing things. His favorite part was choosing the color and scent. As you can see, he chose blue and the scent is peppermint. Now when they play with it my whole kitchen has a nice aroma.

Here's the recipe if you need one:

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 1/2 tsp. oil
1 tsp. food coloring
1 tsp. food flavor extract
1 cup water

Mix all ingredients in medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until a ball forms.

5 comments:

Debbie and Mike said...

Hope it is understood he shouldn't eat the peppermint play dough. I bet it smells fantastic.

dontspamjay said...

Very cool idea

Anonymous said...

We thought that was neat play-doh. Clever Mother to come up with it. Nonna&Papa

Anonymous said...

Making more sweet memories that you or your kids will never forget!

Honey, looking at the ingredients, it probably wouldn't hurt them if they did eat it. Of course, I don't think it would taste good though. :)

Unknown said...

I think I'll have to keep this recipe handy for future use. Looks like fun!