Thursday, May 05, 2011

Warmer weather

The snow is melting. Let me repeat: the snow is melting! We've been out in the warmer weather a lot. The open area behind our house is turning into a pond and I saw the first duck on it. I hope we'll see a lot more soon. The boys have switched from winter gear to rain gear since they cannot possibly avoid the smallest of puddles when we go out. These were taken in our circle drive out front.
This next one was probably the first or second day that the slush melted away on the roads. Sometimes the smallest things can be so exciting!
In some places, like right where Preston is in the next picture, the snow is really deep still. He jumped from the edge into the deeper snow and sank a couple of feet. It brings him great pleasure to do this over and over. Clint likes to watch and laugh at him. This also brings Preston great pleasure.
Cara likes to sit and watch for a little bit. She'd rather be walking all over and following the boys.

We took a drive last Sunday wanting to check out how everything has been changing with the melting of the snow. This is a view of the Yukon...still frozen. Hope you can see the mountains in the distance. The river should be breaking up very soon. I've been told it is so amazing to see AND hear the giant pieces of ice moving. I will definitely get pics when it happens.

This was really cool. The water run off from the melting snow carved this in the side of the road. We had to get out and take a better look. Preston wanted to get down in it.

2 comments:

Debbie and Mike said...

These were some interesting pictures! It is changing there. Hope the river doesn't start cracking up while you are down here. I know it will be so cool to see. Looks likes nothing has changed with the boys and puddles. At least they have rain gear that will keep them from getting in trouble as much and they should be dryer. It is fun to see the boys out having fun. I know Cara can't wait to be able to catch to them every now and then. Have a great Mother's Day weekend! We are running to get Nanny for the baby dedication on Sunday and Mother's Day. Last minute decisions.

Anonymous said...

Great to see the changing scenery and I know you are all glad to be outside more. Nonna&Papa