Thursday, September 22, 2011

Produce

 That's right, its all about food!  We picked lots of cranberries and rose hips, and found a cool recipe to make fruit leather (AKA Fruit Roll Up or Fruit by the Foot).  Chris and Preston made it while Clint and I were in Anchorage.  Its pretty yummy!

 We also harvested our garden since the temps were getting down into the 30s pretty regularly.  Cara picked broccoli or (bra-key as she calls it).  Clint picked cabbage.  Oh, and his new glasses are in.  Hooray! 
 Many heard already, but Clint got a fantastic report at the Cardiologist.  He has 2 heart murmurs, but he'll grow out of them.  Fantastic! 
 Preston dug up potatoes, and Chris picked turnips.  We also had carrots, kale, some beans, and lettuce.  And, yes, I did get to pick one cabbage, but mostly I had to keep Cara from tasting everything we were harvesting. It worked out nice sharing a plot with another family in town.  They did the planting while we were in the South, and we shared the work after that.  We also shared the produce, and thankfully there was plenty to go around.  Can't wait to try again next year!

3 comments:

Debbie and Mike said...

The first thing I think of is you are going to eat iguana food, but of course that is just me. The veggies look good and I know you enjoyed having some fresh veggies. Nice that ya'll could work together on having the garden. Those fruit roll up thingies look really good. Chris and Preston did a real good job. I bet it is nice having something like that around for a change. Glad Cara could keep you on your toes. At least she liked being there. Great pics of everyone.

dontspamjay said...

Very cool fruit roll ups. I would make fun of you all for being in coats to early, but our weather has been the worst this year that I can ever remember... so I will keep my wise cracks to myself...

Papa&Nonna said...

well bet you have a key hid someplace outside this happens to everyone once in while the garden looks great the recipe you come up with sounds great well try to keep warm thanks for update