As it turns out, our whole family enjoys cabbage. This is the first one we picked from our garden. We got this Asian recipe from a friend. It calls for rice, shredded cabbage, and chicken in an orange sauce layered in a bowl. I think everyone had seconds that night. Apparently, the kids love it raw, just like lettuce and other fresh veggies they devour. I know my mother must be thinking, "They can't be Michelle's if they like veggies." Yeah, I was the pickiest eater ever when I was little. Thank goodness I've matured a little since then. :)
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Two major goofballs
Let me tell you, in case you weren't aware, we have two very original goofballs residing in our home. They are often up to no good, but occasionally they decide to be useful and helpful, and berry picking is one of those times. We've been picking berries a few times a week when we get the chance. The ones in the pic above are just from right around our house. Clint is showing you the high bush cranberries, and Preston is showing you the low bush cranberries. Once we picked all we could find, we found another great spot right down the road so we've been venturing there most sunny days after lunch or in the evenings when Chris is home. Cara is also a good berry hunter/picker, but I also told her she could eat all the berries she could pick. She just has to keep out of the ones everyone else is picking!
As it turns out, our whole family enjoys cabbage. This is the first one we picked from our garden. We got this Asian recipe from a friend. It calls for rice, shredded cabbage, and chicken in an orange sauce layered in a bowl. I think everyone had seconds that night. Apparently, the kids love it raw, just like lettuce and other fresh veggies they devour. I know my mother must be thinking, "They can't be Michelle's if they like veggies." Yeah, I was the pickiest eater ever when I was little. Thank goodness I've matured a little since then. :)
As it turns out, our whole family enjoys cabbage. This is the first one we picked from our garden. We got this Asian recipe from a friend. It calls for rice, shredded cabbage, and chicken in an orange sauce layered in a bowl. I think everyone had seconds that night. Apparently, the kids love it raw, just like lettuce and other fresh veggies they devour. I know my mother must be thinking, "They can't be Michelle's if they like veggies." Yeah, I was the pickiest eater ever when I was little. Thank goodness I've matured a little since then. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Absolutely miss those 2 lil goobers! LOL love there funny pictures. --Jon
Papa and I like raw cabbage too. Glad to see you got to pick berries.
Nothing like picking berries. You have definitely matured. As far as the things you have learned to eat since you got married I am always amazed and very proud that try so many things. I love the pictures. You guys take care!
Post a Comment